+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help restoring synced contacts etc.

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I just updated my iPhone 3G to 2.2 using a custom firmware created with Pwnage. Before that I synced it in Itunes, but I'm not sure whether it actually did
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Need help restoring synced contacts etc.
    I just updated my iPhone 3G to 2.2 using a custom firmware created with Pwnage. Before that I synced it in Itunes, but I'm not sure whether it actually did sync my contacts, SMS and everything since I did not specifically enable the options.
    When I choose "Restore from Backup" none of the backups there will actually restore the contacts etc. Is there anything else I could try?

I also have a backup of most every thing I need on my home computer, is there any way to merge that older backup with newer stuff I have added when I get home in a week?

Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone captainjapanicq's Avatar
    Thanks

Restoring your device will erase all data from your iPhone or iPod touch, including songs, videos, contacts, photos, calendar information, and any other data. All iPhone or iPod touch settings are restored to their factory condition.

Whenever you restore your iPhone or iPod touch, Apple highly recommends that you perform a sync prior to restoring in order to back up any changes since your last sync. Once you do a restore then you need to sync to get the contacts, emails ect. Back.