Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Good Deal or Fake?

  1. #21
    plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    11,685
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthbravo View Post
    a friend told me that they don't sell brown iphones because they would run too slow and would only work half the time.
    lmao.

  2. #22
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,066
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 115 Times in 78 Posts

    I suggest you not bring money with you and bring at least 2 friends because he probably won't be alone. Go to the apple warranty website and put in the serial number of the iPhone to see if it works. Also check if the iPhone turns on. Ask him if the color comes like that. (You know they don't make white 8GB so play dumb).

    I say bring someone else because you don't want to waste his time and make him irate and more likely to rob you. Don't bring a knife or GLOCK, it's not worth the trouble. Old fashion beat down is the way to go. Be careful.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

  3. #23
    Bring 3 friends.

    Arm 2 of them with pistols.

    Walk up with 2 of your friends. If he planned to jack you, he'll reconsider at that point. Have the the third friend waiting a distance away like you dont know each other. If hes legit, check the phone out. If everything is cool, ask your one of your 2 friends to give you the cash, because if he decided to jump you, he'll get $0 and a bullet from a friend.

    Just meet at starbucks, and it'll be good. I'm a paranoid **EDIT CPJR - NO PROFANITY**, so 3 friends and 2 guns and I feel secure in business.
    Last edited by cpjr; 12-31-2008 at 01:02 AM.

  4. #24
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,477
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    I still say just stab him and run

    (I love how we all act like the guy asked to meet him at an abandoned warehouse or the docks)
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 12-31-2008 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I still say just stab him and run

    (I love how we all act like the guy asked to meet him at an abandoned warehouse or the docks)
    I knew something was fishy when that guy wanted to meet me in the back of the dark alleyway

  6. #26
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,477
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    And he said come alone

  7. #27
    YAY so I will cancel the deal as people are now making me scared; I have to defend myself? Haha anyways a guy emailed me about a brand new iphone, sealed for $475. It's a little on the high side but I guess this guy sounds somewhat legit. I'm going to meet him up tomorrow in a very populated mall and will also bring a friend. Question is, how will I run the IMEI off apples website if I got no internet and nothing to browse with? Maybe I'll bring my laptop and find a starbucks or blenz in the mall or something. Thanks for the help and if you want to continue debating on whether I should stab the guy or not, go right ahead lol.

    Wait no should I take the deal? I mean its brand new sealed for $475 CAD. I still have time to back out if you think it's possible to buy something cheaper? I could tell the guy that someone else offered my a lower price for a brand new iphone and maybe he'll lower it? Gah what should I do?

    Another thing, I found the link to the IMEI checking site here. Does this website apply to Rogers network in Canada (BC province)? If the iphone that's being offered to me IS stolen, then will it be blacklisted since I'm in Canada and not the states?
    Last edited by Deviatorz; 12-31-2008 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Add more

  8. #28
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,066
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 115 Times in 78 Posts

    If you were smart you'd come there with the $475 and tell them that you only have 400 and wanted to work out a deal. If he sees the cash he'll most likely take it being that he already drove to meet you there. If he's persistant ask your friend to borrow the "other 75 dollars". Be smart and business savvy and you should be fine.

    You should meet at a starbucks and check the warranty on the iPhone. Just tell him it's not a form of disrespect you just want to check the warranty because you'll be giving it to someone else.

    Here's the site:

    https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

  9. #29
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,477
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Deviatorz View Post
    YAY so I will cancel the deal as people are now making me scared; I have to defend myself? Haha anyways a guy emailed me about a brand new iphone, sealed for $475. It's a little on the high side but I guess this guy sounds somewhat legit. I'm going to meet him up tomorrow in a very populated mall and will also bring a friend. Question is, how will I run the IMEI off apples website if I got no internet and nothing to browse with? Maybe I'll bring my laptop and find a starbucks or blenz in the mall or something. Thanks for the help and if you want to continue debating on whether I should stab the guy or not, go right ahead lol.

    Wait no should I take the deal? I mean its brand new sealed for $475 CAD. I still have time to back out if you think it's possible to buy something cheaper? I could tell the guy that someone else offered my a lower price for a brand new iphone and maybe he'll lower it? Gah what should I do?

    Another thing, I found the link to the IMEI checking site here. Does this website apply to Rogers network in Canada (BC province)? If the iphone that's being offered to me IS stolen, then will it be blacklisted since I'm in Canada and not the states?
    Do not bring your laptop with you unless you want that jacked too! Meet him somewhere you can use a computer like bestbuy or the apple store . I don't know about not showing up with all the money. That could send a crazy over the edge.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by gQstatus05 View Post
    If you were smart you'd come there with the $475 and tell them that you only have 400 and wanted to work out a deal. If he sees the cash he'll most likely take it being that he already drove to meet you there. If he's persistant ask your friend to borrow the "other 75 dollars". Be smart and business savvy and you should be fine.

    You should meet at a starbucks and check the warranty on the iPhone. Just tell him it's not a form of disrespect you just want to check the warranty because you'll be giving it to someone else.

    Here's the site:

    https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do
    I will try to lower to price as much as I can; $400 is a little too drastic for a brand new iphone? Maybe $455 or something? I asked him to bring the receipt so my doubts about it being it stolen are put to a minimum.

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Do not bring your laptop with you unless you want that jacked too! Meet him somewhere you can use a computer like bestbuy or the apple store . I don't know about not showing up with all the money. That could send a crazy over the edge.
    I guess I can bring him to the source since I got a friend working there so I'll grab one of the computers there. Also I'm also bringing that friend along.

  11. #31
    My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    St.louis
    Posts
    607
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 61 Times in 37 Posts

    dont do it

  12. #32
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,477
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Run

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviatorz View Post
    YAY so I will cancel the deal as people are now making me scared; I have to defend myself? Haha anyways a guy emailed me about a brand new iphone, sealed for $475. It's a little on the high side but I guess this guy sounds somewhat legit. I'm going to meet him up tomorrow in a very populated mall and will also bring a friend. Question is, how will I run the IMEI off apples website if I got no internet and nothing to browse with? Maybe I'll bring my laptop and find a starbucks or blenz in the mall or something. Thanks for the help and if you want to continue debating on whether I should stab the guy or not, go right ahead lol.

    Wait no should I take the deal? I mean its brand new sealed for $475 CAD. I still have time to back out if you think it's possible to buy something cheaper? I could tell the guy that someone else offered my a lower price for a brand new iphone and maybe he'll lower it? Gah what should I do?

    Another thing, I found the link to the IMEI checking site here. Does this website apply to Rogers network in Canada (BC province)? If the iphone that's being offered to me IS stolen, then will it be blacklisted since I'm in Canada and not the states?
    email him/call him and ask him for the IMEI number...run it to see if its unblocked or locked. If its unblocked, go meet him...then CHECK to make sure he didn't give you a different IMEI number that he knew was unblocked

  14. #34
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,066
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 115 Times in 78 Posts

    Yeah and make sure the guy you bring with you can throw down aka fight. All jokes aside you should be fine, and about the $400 dollar thing you can get it for that price. Just low ball his arse. He'll want to money because he obviously needs it.

    Play your cards right.

    Oh yeah and tell him to charge it a little so when you see it you can turn it on and make sure it turns on.
    Last edited by gQstatus05; 12-31-2008 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

  15. #35
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,477
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    I wouldn't pay a dime over $400.00. If you do you are a chump.

  16. #36
    Have you made up your mind on what your going to do yet man?
    Its honestly up to you about the cash part, but make sure the phone is legit, and everything.
    Make sure before you just walkoff then get home and find out its ****** up or something.
    Good Luck.
    Happy New Year

  17. #37
    Another tip is getting his license plate...whenever I buy something off CL, I always write down the persons license plate number just in case. Having my mom be a cop has me being cautious when dealing with stuff like that.

  18. #38
    Well I'm going to trust me instincts and say no to the deal. But I got offered another deal, 16gb for $515 (sealed). I just met up with the guy, everything is perfect, its sealed. I activated it, everything works. Also it came with a new sim card and given that I have the old one I definitely will call up rogers and change it. I sure hope this deal is good =P. Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it and have a happy new years in a few hours!

  19. #39
    Yeah you too bro.
    Im happy that you finally got something you wanted.
    Happy New Years man.
    Good Luck with the new phone.
    =)

  20. #40
    good luck with the new phone! Not to shabby of a deal

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •