Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weird iPhone Problem

Default Weird iPhone Problem
    I've looked for this problem, but I couldn't find anything.

It snowed here really bad last week so I was stuck at a friends house. I didn't have my iPhone Charger, so I just plugged my iPhone into my friend's laptop. No one touched the laptop.

When I woke up, my phone had the "edit homescreen" dialog on it. The iPhone forgot its name (changed from my name to iPhone), moved all my icons around and I can't access my pictures from My Computer anymore.

I'd like to do a restore, but I don't want to loose any data.

What folder do I ssh into to download my photos, and if I click Backup through iTunes, will I loose any of my messages or contacts?

^Huh, very weird indeed. But yeah, a restore from your backup should bring back all contacts and messages. Pictures are stored in a folder called DCIM1000 or something of the like, however I can't remember where that folder is currently and I'm not in a position to SSH into my phone right now...

If you look around for 2 minutes I'm sure you'll come across it, though.
    Respect your elders.

Looks like it did an automatic sync into your friends laptop, the last time you did a sync to ur phone did it have all the apps and music you want to have now?
    Latest Sig

Never launched itunes on my friends laptop.

Its always had my apps and music, no apps or music were added/deleted since I originally set it up

TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Just restore from backup when you get back home. Not software restore but right click on your iphone.