+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Would you buy a 3g iPhone

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I've just got to thinking from seeing that "germany 16gb 3g iphone" ad, if I would end up keeping my 8gb. I think if a new iphone came out to
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Would you buy a 3g iPhone
    I've just got to thinking from seeing that "germany 16gb 3g iphone" ad, if I would end up keeping my 8gb.

I think if a new iphone came out to the USA before xmas, and all it had was more memory I would rather keep my 8gb just for less hassle.

However, what if this 3g iphone DOES come out, more importantly...what if a 3g iphone comes to the USA?

I have been thinking about it more and more and feel like maybe I should sell my 8gb now, and pick up one of the larger memory- but also 3G iphones- when they come out. I think I'm just a few more news postings away from ditching my 8gb before it loses even MORE value.

Also, even if it only comes out in Europe it will obviously be able to be hacked to work here..
    Last edited by Boosty; 09-09-2007 at 03:14 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I actually hear people say they wouldn't want a 3g iPhone because of the battery life. But I think apple will have that covered seeing as the iPod Touch is thinner and has the same battery life and the new iPod Classics get 40 hours. I am sure they will have a longer lasting battery in it. Which I wouldn't even think necessary because my iPhone now lasts 2 days and some change with moderate use. I wouldn't mind charging a 3g iPhone every night. So long story short, if a 3g iPhone comes out at the end of the month for $499 I will use my $100 to buy one, haha. Then I just give my wife my current iPhone.

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink nope not me
    i have rollin wifi in my car gives me 2.4Mbps 1000ft from my car,i strongly suggest.internet where ever you car is,shoot cant beat that....verizon usb720 with a kyocera kr1 router,life is good when you can surf and download doing 100mph

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

I will only off apple puts a higher capacity battery in the iPhone.

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    I will only off apple puts a higher capacity battery in the iPhone.
    yeah it would have to be a li-po a real li-po but those are the stabilest battery out there,and iam not talking about lithium ion po. a real li-po,but ive seen many of theme blow in my r/c projects

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jjgsxr883 View Post
    yeah it would have to be a li-po a real li-po but those are the stabilest battery out there,and iam not talking about lithium ion po. a real li-po,but ive seen many of theme blow in my r/c projects
    That would be great, exploding iPhones.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't buy a 3g iPhone because I have no 3G coverage where I live/study. That said, both my home and campus are covered in Wifi so I'm good

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

No, i sitll didnt get what is that 3g, i think its kinda weird but im ok with my edge

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    i would for sure upgrade.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jjgsxr883 View Post
    lithium ions have the same capacities and voltage as lithium polymer batteries. Li-po's simply have higher discharge rates making them suitable for other electric devices. There would be absolutely zero advantage to have a lipo in the iphone, cells are even the same size and weight. As for the 3g, I can pass on it. There is no 3G available where I live and places I have traveled that offer it simply suck the battery down at an astonishing rate. Came from using a blackjack and would kill half the battery by simply surfing the internet for 10-20 minutes...
    Last edited by eg6motion; 09-10-2007 at 07:26 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok what if the battery wasn't he problem? then would you upgrade..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandius=girl View Post
    ok what if the battery wasn't he problem? then would you upgrade..
    not unless I lived in a different state. If 3G was available here than I might use it, but even if the phone had a larger battery, the fact would be that 3G would still drain it 30-40% faster than edge alone. So I might use it occasionally if I had it but I find that the biggest advantage of 3G is only for streaming video's. Guess im saying that I wouldn't upgrade if that was an added feature, it doesn't justify anything for me, even if I had 3G available. But it would be a good standard feature to add to the phone, which lacks other basic phone features as is...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

id get an 8 gig 3 g iphone if it came out no ifs ands or buts

iPhone? More like MyPhone Gazoo's Avatar
    Thanks

Default only if
    Steve Jobs promises to drop the price $200 five days after I bought it

Personally, I'm wary of apple products now no matter how cool