Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do you delete an email address from your iphone thats not in your contacts

Quote Originally Posted by jordan19s View Post
    I used the BossPrefs and it cleared all the emails.
    how?
    i can't seem to find an option in there to clear it.

thanks

I can't find abrcleanup in cydia is there any other thing like this?

Quote Originally Posted by kjack05 View Post
    bossprefs has an add on to clear this.
    What's the add on called. I have deleted some old contacts but they still show up 

Default Same Issue
    im having the same issue but this didn't help it wasn't really clear to me how to do it...could someone please explain how to delete the email history. my phone is not jail broken so i need to know how to do it to a regular iphone 4.
    Last edited by camalam069; 09-07-2010 at 07:39 PM.

There is a bossprefs toggle you can add that clears the history for it. I mentioned it up there, now sure if yo usaw or not.
    I did a search for "bossprefs" in cydia, didnt see anything related. Can you give us some more info please? Thanks

Ok the easiest way to do this is go to cydia and search erase contacts it works but make sure u write down the contacts that u wanna keep cause when u click the app it's all gone I learned the hard way. Hope that helps

so after i download that tho can i delete the app and my contacts will still be gone? cuz i know on some cydia when you download apps you cant delete them unless you delete them all..and is there any way to do it if you dont have cydia or a jailbroken phone?

If it ant jailbroke then that app want work. So therefore I have no clue to tell you

and if it is jail broken can i delete the app after i clear the email history?

Of course
    Just keep in mind it will delete every contact. So better write your contats down

how can i delete that one and none of the other ones? and it will delete my phone contacts or just the contacts in my email.

To delete a cydia app. Open cydia go to manage then click packages then look for the app then touch the app. Click modify then remove simple as pie. If that don't help put it n the microwave set timer got 10 minutes put in ur phone close the door an click start lol
    An it will delete all ur contacts

What's the app called & is it pretty self explanatory ?

It's called erase contacts an really simple install it an touch the app it'll do the rest

Here is the long drawn out solution. I take no credit for this it was found on everthingicafe via google I haven't found a "current" simple solution yet...but i'm still looking.

You're iPhone will have to be jailbroken so you can ssh into:
    /private/var/mobile/library/addressbook

You then copy out AddressBook.sqlitedb
    It would be best to create a backup of this just in case something goes wrong.

Then what you'll need to do is open the file with a SQLite Database manager, I for example downloaded Visual SQLite (for free) off of download.com.

Then after installing and opening the file (AddressBook.sqlitedb) you can go ahead and delete the contact you wish to remove by:
    Under Table selecting: ABRecent
    Selecting the Table Data tab
    And then scrolling down, finding the person, and....delete

So then you save the file, ssh it back to the same folder in your iPhone, replacing the existing one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok, i downloaded visual sqlite , deleted the names i needed to remove, now how do i save it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boozie View Post
    Here is the long drawn out solution. I take no credit for this it was found on everthingicafe via google I haven't found a "current" simple solution yet...but i'm still looking.

You're iPhone will have to be jailbroken so you can ssh into:
    /private/var/mobile/library/addressbook

You then copy out AddressBook.sqlitedb
    It would be best to create a backup of this just in case something goes wrong.

Then what you'll need to do is open the file with a SQLite Database manager, I for example downloaded Visual SQLite (for free) off of download.com.

Then after installing and opening the file (AddressBook.sqlitedb) you can go ahead and delete the contact you wish to remove by:
    Under Table selecting: ABRecent
    Selecting the Table Data tab
    And then scrolling down, finding the person, and....delete

So then you save the file, ssh it back to the same folder in your iPhone, replacing the existing one.
    Hello I went in and ssh and did all your steps and now my contact groups are gone and my battery is dieing really fast. How do I get my groups back like this on my iphone?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo-1-.png  

i have Iphone Version 5.0.1 and Boss Prefs is not compatible with this version. It crashes every time i try to load. Is there a way using SBsetting to do a cleanup of the auto fill email addresses ?

App called autofill eraser in Cydia

APP on Cydia called Autofill Eraser
    Last edited by AlexinNY; 03-05-2012 at 02:13 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Autofill eraser in cydia!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kalaharijack's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Hmmmm
    Hi,
    I'd really like to know what the add is called.
    Thanks

Hi,
    I'd really like to know what the add is called.
    Thanks

Hi thanks for the tip,
    I got the 'Autofill eraser from cydia, installed it ok, BUT where do I go from there, I went to compose mail brought up the contact (THAT I DON'T WANT) but there is no option to erase/delete it.
    Can you assist further.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexinNY View Post
    i have Iphone Version 5.0.1 and Boss Prefs is not compatible with this version. It crashes every time i try to load. Is there a way using SBsetting to do a cleanup of the auto fill email addresses ?

App called autofill eraser in Cydia

APP on Cydia called Autofill Eraser
    Last edited by Kalaharijack; 01-18-2013 at 07:07 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast