Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Plz help with iPod touch Maps :(

Unhappy Plz help with iPod touch Maps :(
    Hi
    ive been here for a really long time but never really post aything cuz i didnt had my iphone with me
    well i bought the new ipodtouch yesterday and updated it too 2.2 firmware i know it cant be jailbroken well whenever i go into the maps and tap that little icon which locates mee it never workss it just keeps on spinning and then tells me that my location cant be found plxx help me i really want that thing to work
    OH IM CONNECTED TO MY WIFI TRIED TO DISCONEECT IT AND THEN CONNECT SO IT WORKS BUT IT ISNT WORKING
    TRIED TO TURN OFF THE LOCATION SERVICE TOO BUT ITS STILL NNOT WORKING
    PLZ HELP ME
    THNX

Any1 helppp i m waiting for three days ? ??

any1 help wow no one is helping been waiting for 5 days now
    Last edited by [email protected]; 12-31-2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default restore+call apple
    if you haven't restored yet then do so then see what happens and on the ipod touch it cant determine the exact location because it doesn't have GPS like the iPhone 3G. also you just might be in an area where there are no other wifi hotspots to determine you position if all else fails call apple lol

UPDATE i could also not find my location i think this has to do with only having one wifi connection try it in a public place with multiple wifi connections but only connect to one see if it works
    Last edited by cjgonzales1900; 12-31-2008 at 01:17 PM. Reason: updTE
    "Answering 1 Question at a Time."

iPhone 4: 32GB iOS 4.1 JB
    MacBook Pro 13.3": 2.26ghz/4GB/160GB SL 10.6.5
    iMac 21.5": 3.06ghz/4GB/500GB SL 10.6.5

sometimes for me, it'll find me in less then ten seconds .

other times, it would give a big blue circle of the range i was in, but never succesfully find me .. or find me after a while .

only advice i give is restoring, which seems to oddly fix EVERYTHING, haha, and if not, show it to the apple store guys while in there stores, and they'll probably replace it because it SHOULD work.

good luck man ! & have a happy new year !