+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.2 mod for speaker volume??

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I know this has been brought up a lot, and I saw that when I did a search but I never really saw a solid fix or tweak to help
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 2.2 mod for speaker volume??
    I know this has been brought up a lot, and I saw that when I did a search but I never really saw a solid fix or tweak to help this issue. I just got my first Iphone today. 2G 8GB now with 2.2 unlocked and jailbroken for tmobile. made my first call and I can barely hear a thing my wife was saying even after I turned the volume all the way up during the call. finally put her on speaker phone to actually have a conversation. I already poked holes in the speaker grill and that helped the external volume a little but what about the headset. I dont have a screen cover on the phone so that is not blocking sound. I blew out the dirt in the phone with an aircan so no dirt restricting sounds. I know with the motorola phones I have modded with help from modmymoto there were hacks for the audio files. can I access the audio files thru winscp and maximize them like with the motorola's?? please help....this phone just became a really expensive ipod touch to me

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

There is a volume Boost/(2.2.0)
    You will find it under iClarified repo.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thank you.....just downloaded and installed that, but it didnt help any, or if it did, it wasnt enough to help.

How can I manually these files:

com.apple.celestial.plist
    RegionalVolumeLimits.plist
    SystemSoundMaximumVolume.plist

I know how to download them with Winscp, but what program do I use to modify them, and can I go above 1.0000000?

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally, I've never found a software volume mod that actually did anything...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so is the next step replacing the speaker?? I mean I guess this doesnt happen to all 2G phones?