Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where to buy First Generation iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone BoneCrif's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Where to buy First Generation iPhone
    Ok, so I did the "yourfreeiphone.com" thing, and they're sending me $400 for the 8gb (first gen) iPhone. I'm going to use some of my pay check, and buy the 16gb (first gen) iPhone.
    Now, here's my problem... Where the hell do I buy it from?
    I'm talking about driving down to a store and getting it.
    Would I get it from an Apple store? Because if you look online at the Apple store, it's not displaying any first generation iPhones, only the second.

How about the AT&T store? I'm doubtful about that, because they might require a contract for 2 years or something for the phone.
    Also, I don't want to buy off of eBay because I just generall don't trust people on there, so I would like to buy it from a retail store.
    Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

Also.. I live in OGDEN, UTAH. Anywhere that's around 50 to 100 miles is ok.

Thanks
    Last edited by BoneCrif; 12-26-2008 at 10:11 PM.

If you don't mind can you enlighten me about this "yourfreeiphone.com" thing? As for the 2g iphone, I'm positive that you can only get it online now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheNoob12 View Post
    If you don't mind can you enlighten me about this "yourfreeiphone.com" thing? As for the 2g iphone, I'm positive that you can only get it online now.
    On YourFreeiPhone.com, you do 1 offer for certain companies, such as buy 1 month's worth of BlockBuster card or something. then you have about 8 people do the same under your name. I talked to a representative about it and they're going to send me $400 in paypal instead, just so it'll be faster.

Now, where would I buy the First Generation iPhone online? or are you referring to eBay?

Either try eBay or try out B/S/T forum. 8GB phones are usually pretty cheap, so $400 is easily enough for even a 16GB if you choose...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Ummm, if you wanna buy a "first-gen" iphone your gonna have to find one off ebay, etc...

They dont sell those anymore, so you cant get one at the store.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

ebay would be your best bet.

From what I have seen in ebay. A decent old version 8gb goes for 300-350. I recommend to wait it out and aim for 320 or lower.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

^^^That would be correct, I sold mine for $386.00.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaxRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BoneCrif View Post
    Ok, so I did the "yourfreeiphone.com" thing, and they're sending me $400 for the 8gb (first gen) iPhone. I'm going to use some of my pay check, and buy the 16gb (first gen) iPhone.

How about the AT&T store? I'm doubtful about that, because they might require a contract for 2 years or something for the phone.
    Also, I don't want to buy off of eBay because I just generall don't trust people on there, so I would like to buy it from a retail store.
    Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions are welcome.
    My question: did you do the $490 one? Because, from my experience, there was only $490 or $580 in cash...

Now about your trust issue with eBay: you obviously have a PayPal account so why does it even matter? Any iPhone on eBay is protected 100% of the purchase price.

The first iPhone I bought had a cracked screen, but the guy said the digitizer worked fine. However, an entire section was unresponsive, so I filed for my money back. He ran away, so PayPal just gave me my $275. I resold it with an accurate description for $175 on eBay. So I made a $175 profit from his scam attempt! I used it to buy a netbook (EEE PC)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

On YourFreeiPhone.com, you do 1 offer for certain companies, such as buy 1 month's worth of BlockBuster card or something. then you have about 8 people do the same under your name. I talked to a representative about it and they're going to send me $400 in paypal instead, just so it'll be faster.

Now, where would I buy the First Generation iPhone online? or are you referring to eBay?
    That'd be a pyramid scheme and it is illegal. The internet seems to get away with it since it is not regulated state to state. Still illegal though (pyramid schemes) and still the scum of the earth when someone spams you for a month over it trying to get you to sign up and do this crap. It's like Amway, but the illegal version. I wish bloody anal warts on anyone that ever attempts to try this scheme on me.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    That'd be a pyramid scheme and it is illegal. The internet seems to get away with it since it is not regulated state to state. Still illegal though (pyramid schemes) and still the scum of the earth when someone spams you for a month over it trying to get you to sign up and do this crap. It's like Amway, but the illegal version. I wish bloody anal warts on anyone that ever attempts to try this scheme on me.
    Lool bloody anal warts

Thanks

Lol
    It works though-so I'm not complaining. I wouldn't ever try to force anyone to join, though, if they weren't remotely interested.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRabbit View Post
    My question: did you do the $490 one? Because, from my experience, there was only $490 or $580 in cash...

Now about your trust issue with eBay: you obviously have a PayPal account so why does it even matter? Any iPhone on eBay is protected 100% of the purchase price.

The first iPhone I bought had a cracked screen, but the guy said the digitizer worked fine. However, an entire section was unresponsive, so I filed for my money back. He ran away, so PayPal just gave me my $275. I resold it with an accurate description for $175 on eBay. So I made a $175 profit from his scam attempt! I used it to buy a netbook (EEE PC)
    I didn't realize that thank you. I think I'll purchase the first gen from eBay then, but I'll be sure that it seems legit.
    Oh and about the $400.
    I sent in a support ticket asking why the hell it was taking so long for the iPhone to ship, and they said that they were back ordered.
    I then requested either $400 shipped to me, or $400 via paypal.
    They said that that would be just fine, and that it would be transfered Saturday. (Which is today)

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRabbit View Post
    Lol
    It works though-so I'm not complaining. I wouldn't ever try to force anyone to join, though, if they weren't remotely interested.
    yes, it does work so i'm not complaining either.
    I'm not sure of the legality, but these websites have been around for a while and I haven't heard of any shut down for being illegal or anything.
    I'm not the kind of person that spams other people about it...
    I paid all of the people to complete a referal for me

Thanks

I'm not sure of the legality, but these websites have been around for a while and I haven't heard of any shut down for being illegal or anything.
    The judge will not allow that as an excuse.

for future reference: "PYRAMID SCHEMES"

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Well, looks like ya got a good clean phone. Nice to have all the "pieces" with it. Box, headphones, etc.

Price was a little much though, but its clean....so if your happy thats all that matters.

Thanks

yeah. I didn't really pay for it, I got $400 from the YourFreeiPhone.com. So i didn't mind spending that much.
    I'm OCD about clean screens and no scratches. But i'm pretty sure I'll be happy

Thanks

yeah. I didn't really pay for it, I got $400 from the YourFreeiPhone.com. So i didn't mind spending that much.
    I'm OCD about clean screens and no scratches. But i'm pretty sure I'll be happy
    Yeah, it looks nice! Plus, the prices are up like 20-35% now. I think it's because the 1st generation iPhones are becoming rare, and the 3g is becoming more valuable because of the coming unlock!

Or something is driving the prices up, anyway, because I got my mint 16GB for $350 a couple months ago. Now, I can't find even an 8GB that low!

Thanks

I might be moving my 16gb 3g black iphone if the prices are rising. No time like the present to catch an economic upwind.

Thanks

I might be moving my 16gb 3g black iphone if the prices are rising. No time like the present to catch an economic upwind.
    Yup, now'd be the time to do it