+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with home screen page filled with "untitled" bookmarks unable to eliminate?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi there i have a problem with the phone recently, where a page of "Untitled" Bookmark icons (16 of them) appear on my home screen where i can uninstall them
    Thanks

Default Problem with home screen page filled with "untitled" bookmarks unable to eliminate?
    Hi there i have a problem with the phone recently, where a page of "Untitled" Bookmark icons (16 of them) appear on my home screen where i can uninstall them but if i reset , sync with itunes or install an app with cydia then they are all back on the page again. How can i get rid of this please, thanks?
    This is what appears:
    Problem with home screen page filled with "untitled" bookmarks unable to eliminate?-img_0005.png

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Somehow you installed them. A few themes include blank apps as part of the theme that get installed if you download the theme.

I would retrace what you have installed lately. But yeah, unless you uninstall whatever package included them OR SSH into the phone and delete them manually.....they will keep coming back.

Thanks

Ok found the solution.
    As i said these icons are bookmark icons so after doing some research i found the answer in the following forum:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...appearing.html
    So there are some themes that install these icons to be used as blank icons.
    I fixed my problem by eliminating everything in the folder /private/var/mobile/Library/WebClips/