+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone slowed down.

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
my iPhone 3g suddenly got very slow, and took started taking longer time to open up things and such. For example, when I go to contacts I have to wait
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone slowed down.
    my iPhone 3g suddenly got very slow, and took started taking longer time to open up things and such. For example, when I go to contacts I have to wait approx 5 seconds before I can select one of them, or scroll down/up.

I noticed that this started happening after I tried installing game/application via cydia. - But the game/app never showed up when I exited cydia.

Any assistance as to how to resolve my issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

This is just something that happens with the jailbreak; it slows your firmware down considerably sometimes.

If you're not on 2.2, I would recommend upgrading, as it seems to be a bit faster than previous versions, however whether you are or aren't, you chould give this guide a try.
    Respect your elders.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The chipset I'm using doesn't go with 2.2, so if I upgrade now I will have to buy a new chip in order to use my sim with it.

Which atm, is a no-no, burned all cash on xmas gifts ;p

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

You could use a firmware that doesnt upgrade the baseband
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Got any tips/links as to which I can use? And maybe a lil 'guide' on how to upgrade safely, as I'm sort of a newbie to it ^^,

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If you've installed Winterboard, and are using custom themes, this is most likely what has caused slowdown on your phone. If you aren't using that, you may just need a fresh restore/jailbreak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Haven't installed anything like that no. Just a small game I tried, too see how it worked.

And oki, I'll try that ^^, ty

Quote Originally Posted by Smaaen View Post
    my iPhone 3g suddenly got very slow, and took started taking longer time to open up things and such. For example, when I go to contacts I have to wait approx 5 seconds before I can select one of them, or scroll down/up.

I noticed that this started happening after I tried installing game/application via cydia. - But the game/app never showed up when I exited cydia.
    For the cydia thing it might have not downloaded to begin with sometimes it happens to me when i get bad wifi and i have to "install it" like 3 or 4 times before it installs

for the contacts, sms, pictures, music, etc. it just means you might have alot of contacts or sms's

my sms runs after like 2 seconds and my friends runs after 10 seconds because he has 10+ different conversations and i have like 2 or 3. its just like iTunes too. it takes like 10 seconds to load
    hope this helped
    Last edited by [email protected]; 12-23-2008 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Your mom....i dont know...
    iPhone Devices;3

All the iPhone "Killers";50+

How does the iPhone STILL win?