Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone slowed down.

Default iPhone slowed down.
    my iPhone 3g suddenly got very slow, and took started taking longer time to open up things and such. For example, when I go to contacts I have to wait approx 5 seconds before I can select one of them, or scroll down/up.

I noticed that this started happening after I tried installing game/application via cydia. - But the game/app never showed up when I exited cydia.

Any assistance as to how to resolve my issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

This is just something that happens with the jailbreak; it slows your firmware down considerably sometimes.

If you're not on 2.2, I would recommend upgrading, as it seems to be a bit faster than previous versions, however whether you are or aren't, you chould give this guide a try.
    Respect your elders.

The chipset I'm using doesn't go with 2.2, so if I upgrade now I will have to buy a new chip in order to use my sim with it.

Which atm, is a no-no, burned all cash on xmas gifts ;p

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

You could use a firmware that doesnt upgrade the baseband
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Got any tips/links as to which I can use? And maybe a lil 'guide' on how to upgrade safely, as I'm sort of a newbie to it ^^,

If you've installed Winterboard, and are using custom themes, this is most likely what has caused slowdown on your phone. If you aren't using that, you may just need a fresh restore/jailbreak.

Haven't installed anything like that no. Just a small game I tried, too see how it worked.

And oki, I'll try that ^^, ty

Quote Originally Posted by Smaaen View Post
    my iPhone 3g suddenly got very slow, and took started taking longer time to open up things and such. For example, when I go to contacts I have to wait approx 5 seconds before I can select one of them, or scroll down/up.

I noticed that this started happening after I tried installing game/application via cydia. - But the game/app never showed up when I exited cydia.
    For the cydia thing it might have not downloaded to begin with sometimes it happens to me when i get bad wifi and i have to "install it" like 3 or 4 times before it installs

for the contacts, sms, pictures, music, etc. it just means you might have alot of contacts or sms's

my sms runs after like 2 seconds and my friends runs after 10 seconds because he has 10+ different conversations and i have like 2 or 3. its just like iTunes too. it takes like 10 seconds to load
    hope this helped
    Last edited by [email protected]; 12-23-2008 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Your mom....i dont know...
    iPhone Devices;3

All the iPhone "Killers";50+

How does the iPhone STILL win?