Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone deletion??

Default iphone deletion??
    well the problem is that i restored my computer to an earlier state, and i had to download itunes again. and now when i try to sync my phone with itunes, it saids "an iPhone can only be synced with only one iTunes library at a time. Erasing and syncing replaces the contents of this iphone with the contents of this iTunes library." is there a way to sync my iphone without deleting everything?

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I'm not understanding... if you're "syncing" the phone then all the info should be on your computer. Is there stuff on the phone you're trying to sync BACK to the computer?

um, if the stuff is on the computer then no problem, if its jailbreak/non-backed up then, no you will loose everything

no the music and the videos arent on the computer... and yes im trying to sync my phone

oh then your pretty much screwed, you could try shh everything out and back in but that probably wont work

Joboshare
    Xilisoft

^^^^^ There are a couple of programs you can use to rip the music and movies off of your iphone.. there are probably some free open source ones out there somewhere, but i don't know any windows ones...

I would just download one, and use it for the trial period, rip your stuff, import it all into itunes, and then when you "erase and sync" then it won't really delete anything... then you can uninstall the ripping program... it's a lot of work, but idk any other route...
    i would backup your contacts and pics too, if you are worried about those...

hope that helps...
    -Eric

-White iPhone 3GS 32GB. (For SALE)
    -15" MacBook Pro. Aluminum.

ok thank u for the info ill try it.. but i have one more questin... when i make a backup of my phone does it save my contacts and pics as well??? and what about my apps as well??

[HOW TO]: Manual Backup of your iPhone Files

There is how to backup all of your files using ssh... i would get an ssh program with a gui, if you aren't good with a command line it can be confusing.

Just copy the files to your pc using ssh, and then after you restore just replace them... i'm assuming that you are jailbroken, and that you will be again, otherwise you can't ssh, as far as i know....

as for your apps, if they are ones from the appstore then you can just re-download them with your itunes user name and password... if they are cydia apps then you'll need to back them up manually...
    Last edited by Eric.Catalyst; 12-24-2008 at 11:19 PM. Reason: info about apps
    -Eric

-White iPhone 3GS 32GB. (For SALE)
    -15" MacBook Pro. Aluminum.