Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: broken iphone....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default broken iphone....
    First off, my phone is broken. cracked screen. more like a spider web. but i was wondering, before i drive 2 hours out of my way and skip school just to be able to go to the apple store, how much if anything would it cost me? is there a slight chance that i could get it free? given the situation im in with distance and all, or are the geniuses just not that forgiving? thanks to all help! if its a logical answer i will thank u

Thanks

It's Apple.

The word sympathy doesn't exist in their vocabularies.

For a broken screen, If your still under warranty, I beleive they will provide you with a replacement iPhone.

New or Refurbished, Depends on them.

EDIT: Actually, they may not give you a replacement since the damage was on your behalf.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FairLight For This Useful Post:

gameviper (12-17-2008)

usually an issue like a cracked screen will not be replaced for free unless you have a full warranty that covers that. as far as the price to repair it...if its just the glass you need it would cost like 100 i think and if you get the full lcd your looking at around 150-200 depending on where you get it from. so i would look at repair costs around there
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cricketlang For This Useful Post:

gameviper (12-17-2008)

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

They aint gonna fix it cause.

They "might" do an out-of-warranty swap but it'd be $200.

Or the part to do yourself is bout $160. As you will need the entire screen assembly.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

gameviper (12-17-2008)

Thanks

thanks for all of your help.... so pretty much im driving up there, only to poor out more money huh.... lol. how come some other people have gotten them for free? just lucky?

Thanks

^They havent if the screen is cracked up.

Apple will warranty alot of repairs....but if the screen is busted obviously its not a "defect" the user broke it...and they wont warranty that.

Thanks

but since its just the glass, and the touchscreen works and everything, would it only be 100?

depends on your warranty. anytime i have had anything replaced it has to seem like its NOT your fault. im pretty good at convincing myself and get them replaced all the time. but ive never had like cracked screens or straight up broken things like that.

Thanks

^On a 2g iphone, the glass, digitizer and LCD are all basically one piece.

Trying to separate them is near to impossible without breaking either the digitizer or LCD, the only time I have seen this accomplished is when the glass is spidered VERY bad and you can take hours carefully chipping all the glass pieces out. But having to force or pry on it will damage something else. The digitizer is about a fragile as a saltine cracker.

So, 99/100 times you have to get the entire assembly which is bout $170. See, the on the 3g the pieces are separate so its easier....in fact, I just replaced the LCD on a 3g just today took me about 30 minutes.

the 100 is if you want to do the repair YOURSELF. thats usually what the glass costs.....i think. hahahahaha. cpjr would know better

Thanks

wow.... this is great.... lol (sarcasm). i found a guy in dallas as well that might repair the lcd... but thats my fallback. im going to try to create a sob story for them... worked before with my old iphone, maybe it will now.... hopefully

^^^^hey man just do what works. who cares what people think. plenty of members here think im just a suck up but do i care? nope. if you gotta make a sob story....MILK IT!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cricketlang For This Useful Post:

gameviper (12-17-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cricketlang View Post
    ^^^^hey man just do what works. who cares what people think. plenty of members here think im just a suck up but do i care? nope. if you gotta make a sob story....MILK IT!
    lmao no joke bro. ima do my best. im not wearing my abercrombie clothes either haha. ima try to look as poor as possible.... maybe thatll help my story