+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ok... Seriously??

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
is there really no way to send file attachments like docs and pdf's thru mobile mail?? If someone knows a way to do, please help me out here, I send
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Angry Ok... Seriously??
    is there really no way to send file attachments like docs and pdf's thru mobile mail?? If someone knows a way to do, please help me out here, I send out 10-20 docs and pdfs a day... Yes, I'm a noob, yes I've only had my 2G for less than a week... feel free to berate me with the superflous amount of bemusing and facetious hostility that I am so accustomed too...

Thanks!

JD

Thanks

In Cydia there is an app called MobileFinder. You can email files with that app.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

phreakwenci (12-17-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    In Cydia there is an app called MobileFinder. You can email files with that app.
    i agree with bhz thats the only app i can think of off the top of my head that does that although it isnt very easy to use it does the job.
    also i recommend buying "iphonebrowser" if you have a mac as it makes it easyier to get the pdf's and such on there a you dont have to keep sshing in
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

5. The Following User Says Thank You to heath_rox For This Useful Post:

phreakwenci (12-17-2008)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phreakwenci View Post
    feel free to berate me with the superflous amount of bemusing and facetious hostility that I am so accustomed too...

Bringin out the big words
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Thanks

It really isn't terribly hard to use MobileFinder. After you install it, go into "settings" toggle show hidden files and system file access to "on" and toggle Application launch to "off".
    then in Finder navigate to the file you want to send and highlight it. At the bottom of the page there is a "send" button. If you press that you get a choice to "e-mail". If you press that, a message window will open with your file attached. Edit message and send as a normal e-mail.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

JackSchitt (12-17-2008), phreakwenci (12-17-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phreakwenci View Post
    is there really no way to send file attachments like docs and pdf's thru mobile mail?? If someone knows a way to do, please help me out here, I send out 10-20 docs and pdfs a day... Yes, I'm a noob, yes I've only had my 2G for less than a week... feel free to berate me with the superflous amount of bemusing and facetious hostility that I am so accustomed too...

Thanks!

JD
    You joined the forum within the last 2 weeks... how much abuse could you have possibly taken with the 7 posts you have?...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iPhone? More like MyPhone JackSchitt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    You joined the forum within the last 2 weeks... how much abuse could you have possibly taken with the 7 posts you have?...
    he must catch hell at alot of other sites. it happens.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

It really isn't terribly hard to use MobileFinder. After you install it, go into "settings" toggle show hidden files and system file access to "on" and toggle Application launch to "off".
    then in Finder navigate to the file you want to send and highlight it. At the bottom of the page there is a "send" button. If you press that you get a choice to "e-mail". If you press that, a message window will open with your file attached. Edit message and send as a normal e-mail.
    Dude... Will you marry me? I'm not gay, but I could kiss you right now..

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I figured if I took the fight out of it, I'd stand a better chance...

Quote Originally Posted by JackSchitt View Post
    he must catch hell at alot of other sites. it happens.
    Stalker...

Quote Originally Posted by Chefanim View Post
    Bringin out the big words
    Uhh... those are big words??? I'M GOING TO BE A GOD ON THIS FORUM!!

OMNIPOTENCE FTW!!
    Last edited by phreakwenci; 12-17-2008 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

bemusing and facetious hostility
    yummy....... how much you charge?
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

iPhone? More like MyPhone JackSchitt's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=phreakwenci;2900781]Stalker... QUOTE]

damn, you are on to me.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Just tried it... no go... selected my file from var\mobile\documents in finder, pressed send, then email... and nada.. nothing happened... did I screw up?

Thanks

Dude... Will you marry me? I'm not gay, but I could kiss you right now..
    No worries, I'm a "dude-ette". LOL! But I am married (with kids too).

Just tried it... no go... selected my file from varmobiledocuments in finder, pressed send, then email... and nada.. nothing happened... did I screw up?
    Maybe you didn't. I had tested by sending a file from /mobile/Library/Downloads yesterday and it worked fine. I just tried to send a file from /mobile/Documents and it did not work. I tried sending another file from the /Downloads directory and that would not send either. Very weird. I'm fooling around with a few things to see what might have happened in the interim. I know I downloaded a theme or two from Cydia yesterday, applied them then reapplied my regular theme and uninstalled the ones i downloaded. I don't recall if there were other upgrades i installed as well, but the other thing that was odd, is I was shopping in a Circuit City store yesterday and needed to call one of my sons. My phone app froze up when i ended the call. It did finally respond but after that my keyboard began to get just a tad laggy. And some serious app lag I rebooted and most of the lag is gone,but I can't help but wonder what sort of interference caused my iPhone to hiccup and now this issue with Mobile Finder. Thinking.....

EDIT: Got it working again. I uninstalled MobileFinder, closed Cydia, resprung, reinstalled MobileFinder, closed Cydia, resprung.

I retried sending a "download" file and it worked. I then went to my documents folder and tried to send the file I put there and nothing. It was a .docx file made with MS Word 2007. I then tried with a standard .doc file made with MS Word 2003 and it WORKED. perhaps it has something to do with the file name extension?
    Last edited by bhz1; 12-18-2008 at 10:34 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

phreakwenci (01-03-2009)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ok, so I decided on a work around, I sent out the same files quite a bit, so I just created email drafts in my gmail and then synced them to my phone and forward them as I need to, minding to delete my sig and the FWD: part in the email... Sucks... but it works better and I can attach more than one file.