+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1st Gen iPhone froze? Need help please?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I jailbroke and unlocked my phone months ago and haven't modded it at all since then.. It's worked great and I've had a few problems with it freezing every now
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 1st Gen iPhone froze? Need help please?
    I jailbroke and unlocked my phone months ago and haven't modded it at all since then.. It's worked great and I've had a few problems with it freezing every now and then but this morning when my alarm went off for work it just stopped going off and ever since then my phone has been froze I guess? It has a solid black screen like it's on standby and when I push the power button up top to turn it on or whatever it just flickers to a darker black and goes back to standby.. It's like it's trying to come on but it doesn't want to.. I dunno what else to do, I've tried pretty much everything.. If anyone could help or let me know if they've had this problem I'd greatly appreciate it..

I don't think it matters, but it's still running jailbroken 1.1.4 firmware and I can't boot to DFU Mode or anything.. Just flickers for a split second to a darker black when I push the power button.. It's not registering or whatever on iTunes and it goes straight to my voicemail now when someone calls.. It was ringing on the other end but I couldn't hear it and now it just goes to voicemail.. When it is plugged in it constantly flickers.. Any suggestions on what to do would help tremendously.. Thanks..

Thanks

just take it to apple. tell them your battery died but you kept trying to get it to turn on and now this happened. they should replace or fix it for you. also if itunes recognizes it you could attempt to do a "shift" restore in itunes.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm sure it's not under warranty anymore and there's not an Apple store around.. But I'll see what I can do.. And iTunes doesn't recognize it or I'd get that baby going..

Thanks

check and see if its under warranty here. ive taken stuff not under warranty in and they replace it

Redirect for Online Service Assistant
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Thanks

Damn, If you can't boot to DFU mode..

I'm afraid that only Apple can solve this, But as you say the device isn't covered by warranty anymore..

I'd grab the Apple number, And call them and see if you can arrange anything.

Good Luck.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks guys, I'll see what I can do.. I appreciate the help.