Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I walk into a Apple store end buy iPhone 3g?

Default Can I walk into a Apple store end buy iPhone 3g?
    Can I just walk into any apple store in San Jose CA and buy an iPhone 3G and ship it to a friend?
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Thanks

Not without signing a contract.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Yes you can if you want to pay the full price. $400/$500...you can buy as many as you want as gifts.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I think you can also buy a card where they take that card into a local Apple store, sign the contract, and are given their phone free of charge (since you paid for it) but they would still be stuck with the conract.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

yowiphone (12-17-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone JackSchitt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I think you can also buy a card where they take that card into a local Apple store, sign the contract, and are given their phone free of charge (since you paid for it) but they would still be stuck with the conract.
    this is true. my sister wanted to buy mine, only way she could was to buy me an apple gift card equaling the cost of the 3G and mail it to me. i just bought it myself at at&t and she mailed me a check.

Quote Originally Posted by JackSchitt View Post
    this is true. my sister wanted to buy mine, only way she could was to buy me an apple gift card equaling the cost of the 3G and mail it to me. i just bought it myself at at&t and she mailed me a check.
    So if the card has $199 i could get a iphone 3g, without signing a contract?

Quote Originally Posted by bgattis View Post
    Yes you can if you want to pay the full price. $400/$500...you can buy as many as you want as gifts.
    Ok so if i pay $400 i could get it without a contract?
    Last edited by yowiphone; 12-16-2008 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    So if the card has $199 i could get a iphone 3g, without signing a contract?

Ok so if i pay $400 i could get it without a contract?
    I believe so... why not just ask someone at apple? lol
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I believe so... why not just ask someone at apple? lol
    I stand corrected. Try it and let us know!

Alright guys I will give it a go. It should work.

could we? i just guess iphone is the only product you can't buy directly in apple store without at&t contract... but not sure. frankly i always doubt the contract sales strategy for iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by WPeterson View Post
    could we? i just guess iphone is the only product you can't buy directly in apple store without at&t contract... but not sure. frankly i always doubt the contract sales strategy for iphone.
    If you pay $499 i think they will give you the Iphone 3G without signing a contract.

Yeah but it would still be locked to AT&T and everything, so unless your friend is already with them, this won't help you...

Quote Originally Posted by _ducky View Post
    Yeah but it would still be locked to AT&T and everything, so unless your friend is already with them, this won't help you...
    Unlock it.

Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    Unlock it.
    You'd have a hard time finding a phone that pre-2.1 at this point, so unless you get lucky, you may not be able to unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by _ducky View Post
    You'd have a hard time finding a phone that pre-2.1 at this point, so unless you get lucky, you may not be able to unlock.
    What about the sim unlockes?

Thanks

Well you could pay the carrier to unlock the device for you, Although I don't know if you guys do it that way in America.

Here, Some people buy the phone with the contract, End the contract asap pay and heft early termination fee, Then pay a pretty hefty unlocking fee.

It'l all set you down about $1,200 over here. :/

Quote Originally Posted by FairLight View Post
    Well you could pay the carrier to unlock the device for you, Although I don't know if you guys do it that way in America.

Here, Some people buy the phone with the contract, End the contract asap pay and heft early termination fee, Then pay a pretty hefty unlocking fee.

It'l all set you down about $1,200 over here. :/
    Just pay $400 and unlock t at home.