+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: changing computers....need help

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi All, I have a 3G jailbroken iphone (2.1) I am currently running itunes 8.0.0.35 on my Win XP system. I just purchased a new computer that runs Vista 64
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default changing computers....need help
    Hi All,

I have a 3G jailbroken iphone (2.1) I am currently running itunes 8.0.0.35 on my Win XP system. I just purchased a new computer that runs Vista 64 bit. So...I want to transfer my itunes library to the new system. Can anyone walk me through the process, being very specific? Some of my concerns are, do I need to stick with my current version of itunes...if so, how can I get it and install it at 64 bit? Is going from XP to Vista an issue? Can this be done without having to do any kind of restore, I really don't want to lose my Cydia stuff and have to re-jailbreak.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. And let me apologize in advance, if this is not the correct thread to post this. If that is the case, just point me in the right direction. Thanks again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    file>library>back up to disc

This will back up the entire library on DVD's. its crappy, you have to use a bunch of discs if you have a huge library, but it supposedly takes all your preferences with it too.

Just try to find the same version of itunes for 64-bit on a past-version download website. Theyre all over the place. Im not completely sure about the whole 32 to 64 thing, but you should at least have your library backed up.

Thanks

If you have a network you can set the itunes music folder to shared and copy it to the new computer after you have installed itunes. Then authorize the new computer to play your stuff.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.