Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Urgent need help : How to backup some file while in recovery mode

Angry Urgent need help : How to backup some file while in recovery mode
    Hello,

I wanted to upgrade my 3G from 2.1 to 2.2, but once i launched the manual restore from itune, It start preparing then it was restarting the iphone in recovery mode that i remeber OMG i for got to backup my videos made with Cycorder. Video are very important so I unplug the iphone.

Now I am in recovery mode, iphone is detected by windows. But i cant connect with wincp it stay on message : Has not answered for 15 sec ..... and it dont get connected with wincp.

How can i still get my data please ?

Thanks for your urgent help

If you're on windows Dload iLiberty and try that to kick it out of of restore mod im not sure what it is on mac but you can try that for starts oh and i think the latest version of iBrickr does it too/
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

I was able to get out out of it, by pressing 15 sec home button then 2 sec power button. I am telling this maybe it can help anone else one day.

Thanks

hey net user, i'm having the same problem... i forgot to backup my important photos before stupidly trying to upgrade to 2.2... i unplugged the cable right after itunes extracted the firmware... and now i'm stuck in recovery mode. can you elaborate your way of getting out of it? thanks!