+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need update recommendation for girlfriend's phone

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I need some advice before upgrading my girlfriend's phone. Her 2G iphone is still running 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 reason being she doesn't want to loose a small first generation firmware
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Need update recommendation for girlfriend's phone
    I need some advice before upgrading my girlfriend's phone. Her 2G iphone is still running 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 reason being she doesn't want to loose a small first generation firmware app called iWoman. She's jailbroken and running T-mobile. My understanding is that iWoman is scheduled for release in the appstore upon completion of it's development for 2.x.

My question is what's the safest 2nd generation firmware version I can update her phone to while still retaining jailbreak and unlock? I thought it might be something less than 2.2, but I honestly can't remember.

Thanks

its 2.2 for all versions. if you can get hold of a mac you can use the pwnage tool to create a custom firmware for 2.2 and restore to it. on windows, the only way to get it unlocked and activated as you wish is to download a custom 2.2 firmware from somewhere, create a custom firmware using the last winpwn (which was 2.0.2 i think?), THEN, at the end of creating the custom 2.0.2 firmware it will tell you to now restore using itunes. Restore via itunes but restore to the custom 2.2 firmware downloaded, not the one created.

This is unless someone knows a way of activating your phone after restoring to 2.2 and using quickpwn?
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

All the way up to 2.2, let it rip. You just need a 2.2 CFW.

PS- there is already a few woman apps in the app store that supersedes the old iwoman app according to my old lady.

One is called lady biz the other is woman calendar.
    Last edited by one1; 12-13-2008 at 11:47 AM.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    its 2.2 for all versions. if you can get hold of a mac you can use the pwnage tool to create a custom firmware for 2.2 and restore to it. on windows, the only way to get it unlocked and activated as you wish is to download a custom 2.2 firmware from somewhere, create a custom firmware using the last winpwn (which was 2.0.2 i think?), THEN, at the end of creating the custom 2.0.2 firmware it will tell you to now restore using itunes. Restore via itunes but restore to the custom 2.2 firmware downloaded, not the one created.

This is unless someone knows a way of activating your phone after restoring to 2.2 and using quickpwn?

Thank you! This helped a lot. I'm wayyy outta practice.