Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will a magnetic case clip/strap screw with my phone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Will a magnetic case clip/strap screw with my phone?
    Long story shot, was talking with my pops yesterday and offered me a spare blackbery case laying around (the clip had broken off, not a big deal since I refuse to wear a belt clip :P). It's a really nice case and fits an iphone like a glove, so I took it. It looks similar to this

Fast forward about 2 hours, I'm at work, sitting at my desk and notice the screen on my phone is all white and not responsive. I took it out of the case and rebooted it and everything works like it should be. I don't know if it was the magnetic strap that holds the phone in that did it, or if it was just a coincidence. The phone is jailbroken and sometimes does some strange things as a result, have never seen the screen do that before though.

Does anyone have an iphone case with a magnetic strap/clip? Have you had any problems?
    Last edited by dr.stevil; 12-12-2008 at 08:06 AM.

if the case is made to work with phones/pda's it *should* be fine.. was the phone exposed to high temperatures after you left home, but before you noticed the white screen at work?

my dad's did almost the same thing when he left it in his truck during the summer. it got to about 110 degrees inside his truck, so his screen froze and became unresponsive for a while.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

no, temps were fine (room temp). Maybe it was just a coincidence

iPhone? More like MyPhone brett k's Avatar
    Thanks

well I had a magnetic case with other non-touch screen phone without a problem, I dont know if there's something special about iphones and magnets though.

Thanks

If I have my 3G near magnets sometimes it will lose signal. Same thing happened with my old 2G. I used to have a case with a magnetic flap and got rid of it. Then subsequently, I learned that often if my iPhone was in my purse, I would often miss calls or texts. My purse has hidden magnets that keep a flap closed. I now keep the iPhone in my pocket or clipped to me and havent had a missed call or message yet.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.