+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help! Strange "auto-"wiggeling - dock icons

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Please help! Strange "auto-"wiggeling - dock icons
    Hi!

Please help with a very annoying Problem:

I have a 2g 8GB, jailbreaked with Quickpwn. And a 3g 16GB, jailbreaked via pwnageTool. Both on 2.2

Since 2.1 and still at 2.2, the problem with both iPhones is:

Very often if i want to open an app from the dock and touch it (so only mail,phone,safari and ipod) all the icons starts jigelling or wiggling like they do if a icon is touched for a few seconds, instead of opening the dock application !

This bug is realy annoying - it doesn´t happen every time. It seems that it happens when the iPhone – Processor is working hard, often after the phone has been running for a while.
    Never shortly after a Reboot.
    Often when other things seem to be running slowly such as switching to the SMS, Contacts or Notes apps.

I use winterboard,categories,mxtube,tunewiki,pockettouch ,biteSMS,mobileCast,CopierciN –
    It seem´s that it has something to do with winterboard. If i remove winterboard it never happened – but that´s not a real solution

I postet this Problem bevor - and there were some posts with the same problem:

“This happens to me at least twice a day. I click on an application, like the iPod, for example. Instead of opening the application, the icons start wiggling, as though I had held the icon down for a few seconds and wanted to move stuff around.

It started only happening with 2.1. Maybe it's some jailbroken app, but I can't figure out what is causing it.

Anyone else having this happen? If so, what fixed it?”

Any ideas, solutions?

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

mine does the same thing too. im on 2.1. you might just try to reboot or turn off your your phone. i think its because like you say the processor is working too hard or your phone is using too much RAM. it really doesnt bother me that much.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

It's a 2X thing, enjoy. One of Apple's "undocumented features".
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    It's a 2X thing, enjoy. One of Apple's "undocumented features".
    So you meen it is normal? I can´t belive that, because i never saw that problem on an other iphone with 2.X !

My hope is, that someone out there got the same problem and found a solution.

It is realy disturbing. Yesterday i removed winterboard again - and the "auto-wiggeling" was gone. So i think it realy has something to do with winterboard ...?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You've officially been chopped and screwed...oooooo owed.. you've officially been chopped and screwed.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Winterboard uses up a lot of your phones system resources. Because of the heavy processor/ram usage caused by Winterboard, it creates a sort of lag on your phone. So when you touch your screen, it knows you are doing it, but takes longer to register the input. Once it registers, it's like you've been touching your screen for a few seconds. Hence the wiggles.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Piazza331 For This Useful Post:

hondapro210 (12-14-2008), mslwfat (12-14-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Piazza331 View Post
    Winterboard uses up a lot of your phones system resources. Because of the heavy processor/ram usage caused by Winterboard, it creates a sort of lag on your phone. So when you touch your screen, it knows you are doing it, but takes longer to register the input. Once it registers, it's like you've been touching your screen for a few seconds. Hence the wiggles.
    Good Theory! But why does it only happen when touching a dock icon ?!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm not sure actually. That is strange. When I had the problem, it wasn't just dock icons that it happened with.

Thanks

you know what would be great? A dev coming up with a BOSSPREF that would turn of the "move the icons/wiggling" feature.

Kinda like a "lock desktop" feature.

Ooo, you know, that's a good idea I think i will post that in the "request" area.
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

iPhone? More like MyPhone KingRedmer's Avatar
    Thanks

I had the same problem too. so I deleted some of my appstore apps (I had 42) and turned off some of my themes in Winterboard, and now everything works great.