Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to remove contacts icon from home screen?

Default how to remove contacts icon from home screen?
    i recently upgraded from 1.4 to 2.0.2 and everything went fine, however now i have an icon on my home screen called "contacts" which basically just lists all the contacts which are already in my phone, so as you can see its pretty useless!!!!!!!!
    does anyone know how to remove that icon from my home screen, its an real eye sore?????????

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I'd upgrade to 2.2 if I was you. Either way you'll want to download SB Settings or BossPrefs. Within these programs is an app called poof which is used to hide icons.

wait a second, i upgraded using your websites guides and then windows iphone modding and according to your websites guide section that firmware 2.0.2 was the latest one?????
    i even have the link were i got the firmware from:

Jailbreak and Unlock 2.x on Windows - ModMyi - Wiki

i heard about the poof app, but what if i want to delete it completly??????

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

2.0 > 2.0.1 > 2.0.2 > 2.1 > 2.2 (newest firmware)

There is no reason to delete the Contacts app completely as all it does is shortcut to your phone app. Just use poof. If you want to upgrade plug in your phone to iTunes.. hit restore.. then use quickpwn to rejailbreak.

this is the proper guide here. sbsettings will give you the option to hide it. its been said a few times here.

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.x.x 2G iPhone Using QuickPwn (Windows)

good luck. thats the answer to your question though. just get 2.2....set sbsettings...then go to poof and turn contacts off. you dont want to delete it
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.