Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I need some advice...

Default I need some advice...
    i shattered the glass ontop of the lcd when i dropped it today... i went to simply mac, and they said my apple care won't cover it... i went to the att store, and they said i couldn't get a discount on a new iphone... should i
    a. buy a g1(used for ~$250 and unlock it for att, then sell my broke iphone on ebay for ~$50...

b. repair my iphone, with stuff from ifixit.com(thanks one1)... for like 120 with all the tools and such..

c. use my a707 for free...

-Eric

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Depends on how technical you are.

I would do B in a heartbeat. But I've torn many of these things apart

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

I would do B....too.

thanks for the input ... but hmm... well put yourself in my position... i have moderate technical experience (i know pc hardware backwards and forwards)... i can take apart just about anything electronic... i'm a really poor college student living at home, with only about 600/mo income... so a 120 dollar screen fix is a big hit... now what would you do? haha..

-Eric

Thanks

Is the LCD still displaying correctly and all portions of the touch still respond??

I'll buy it from yeah

Anyways, tell me what still works. The glass is cheap, if you need an LCD thats bout $90 and a digitizer is around $50.

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

When I dropped my iPhone 2G and ONLY the glass broke, I sold it on Craigslist for $250.
    I then went to the Apple Store and bought a new 3G for 200... in the end I made 50 dollars... it was very strange lol

Thanks

^Aint it great. When the 3g came out I bought a White 16gigger for $299 and sold my old 8gigger for $450 on ebay At the time they were going for more.

you guys are dogs. thats all i gotta say. and keep the iphone. its way worth it. F the G1. that thing SUCKS!
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Thanks

^You gotta see the 3g 8gigger I got layin here now. Bought for $170 cause the LCD is blown...but everything else is working 100% and phone looks great. It also had a software problem but I already fixed that.

So, its layin here all disassembled.....waiting on a new LCD in the mail and I ordered an OEM quality RED back casing just for kicks.

RED! thats WICKED! i wish i could get deals like you do. congrats on making it over 3000 by the way....i just noticed that.

Thanks

Preciate it.

I'll prolly post some pics of the phone and process when Im done.

for sure. that would be awesome. so im pretty sure we are the kings of hijacking posts. but i guess its relevant....were talking about modding and fixing a phone right???? so were encouraging option B

Thanks

Muh, we're not completely off topic.

there are some images... plus i already bought a new iphone :P.. my dad was eligible for an upgrade so i used that haha...

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL whos iphone did you use to take those pics?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

my new one that i bought like 3 hours ago hahaha...

^^^^he says he got a new one under the pics and ill buy the old one from you. im up in ogden, just north of where your at. PM me if your interested

i was going to put this in the buy/sell board, but since this is only my tenth post i can't... anyway i have an update.. my brokephone is now on ebay.. please bid away...

Apple iPhone 3G 8GB **AS IS BROKEN GLASS** - eBay (item 190273471905 end time Dec-18-08 11:23:18 PST)