+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: phone appears to be dead, but responds to iTunes

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I've upgraded to 2.2 a week ago, and then followed with the necessary QuickPwn. I noticed some service (reception) issues at first. In areas where i know i get great
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question phone appears to be dead, but responds to iTunes
    I've upgraded to 2.2 a week ago, and then followed with the necessary QuickPwn.

I noticed some service (reception) issues at first. In areas where i know i get great reception it would say "Searching..." for over long periods of time. I even noticed that it would do a hard reboot on it's own.

Here's the problem i face today. When i hit the home or power button, the screen remains black. So I try at later time thinking it's intermittent... wrong, it's still this way. No problem, I'll plug it into itunes. I have it on vibrate setting and typically when I plug it in to charge, it gives me that vibration to let me know it's connected and charging. This time it did not, i even tried flicking the side switch from speaker to vibrate and it wouldn't respond.

Here's the weird thing... iTunes recognizes my phone and all it's contents (trying to do a backup as we speak). since I cannot see the phone screen, how do I do a reboot on it without doing DFU?

What are my options at this point and have any of you had problems with this?

Thanks

i would say restore...but being careful not to restore to 2.2
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

Sounds as if you may need to do a DFU restore to stock 2.2 and then use the Pwnage Tool 2.2.1 for the Mac instead of Quickpwn.