+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: probably a stupid question.

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i am getting ready to upgrade the firmware in my 3g to the 2.2 and i was wondering if the contacts that i have added to my phone since the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default probably a stupid question.
    i am getting ready to upgrade the firmware in my 3g to the 2.2 and i was wondering if the contacts that i have added to my phone since the last upgrade would still be saved or would i have to re enter them. i just want to be sure that i don't lose a lot of my numbers cause i know i have some on my sim card i just don't wanna lose the ones i am not sure are on my sim card lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

Sync with itunes before you upgrade. Then you can sync again and put them back on

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

dshiznitbmw (12-09-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone MikeYuse0406's Avatar
    Thanks

Simply sync your contacts to your computer via itunes and then sync them back to your phone after the update. However, if you restore from back up, your contacts will automatically appear in your address book.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeYuse0406 For This Useful Post:

dshiznitbmw (12-09-2008)

if you ar4e on your comp and not a friends, back up your phone on itunes and then update but if you have a unlocked 3g iphone, DONT UPGRADE, not until they can unlock the iphone 3g by software, because it changes the modem firmware to 02.28.00 (settings/general/about and at the bottom one above the BT travel cable(if you have one)) which allows you to not unlock your phone, even if you downgrade it to 2.0-2.1. If you got a black sim for the 3g i got a secret...IT WONT WORK ANYMORE...

if you got a 2g your fine. Upgrade as much you want. You just gotta quickpwn, winpwn, pwnage tool, etc it again.

If you found this helpful, press thx button. Thanks!

Good Luck!

if you are on your comp and not a friends, back up your phone on itunes and then update but if you have a unlocked 3g iphone, DONT UPGRADE, not until they can unlock the iphone 3g by software, because it changes the modem firmware to 02.28.00 (settings/general/about and at the bottom one above the BT travel cable(if you have one)) which allows you to not unlock your phone, even if you downgrade it to 2.0-2.1. If you got a black sim for the 3g i got a secret...IT WONT WORK ANYMORE...

if you got a 2g your fine. Upgrade as much you want. You just gotta quickpwn, winpwn, pwnage tool, etc it again.

If you found this helpful, press thx button. Thanks!

Good Luck!
    Last edited by [email protected]; 12-09-2008 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

dshiznitbmw (12-09-2008)