+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i dont know if this is the right section...

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
my ipod touch FW 2.2 has been jailbroken recently, and right after i did that my wifi is really slow. the signal is full strength, but pages barely load. I've
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default i dont know if this is the right section...
    my ipod touch FW 2.2 has been jailbroken recently, and right after i did that my wifi is really slow. the signal is full strength, but pages barely load. I've been searching for a while over the net, and i cant find an answer that works! anyone have any suggestions?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hmm, sometimes when my wifi is full and my internet is running slow, a simple reset of the router usually fixes my problem. Its more than likely not your device, but your internet. And if that doesnt work, try restoring, then rejailbreaking to see if that helps. << not exactly the answer you want to hear.
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

honestly its not, but i thank you for the reply. i jailbroke my 2.1 and then updated it to 2.2 which involved starting it completely over and rejailbraking it. maybe it has something to do with the quickpwn i used? idk

Thanks

wifi issues seem to be common with the jailbreak of 2.2 also want to let you know that even though the signal says its strong, alot of times it never really is. just backup your data in itunes and do a reinstall of 2.2 and rejailbreak. make sure you jailbreak BEFORE you do the restore of your old data....just to test out the wifi
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok, ill try and see what happens. thanks for the reply!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i finally got around to restoring and re jailbreaking my ipod, but even before i restored it the innternet was slow as an inanimate object! so i figured it must be my home wifi. i resetted it and still no positive results. i jailbroke it again and restored my old data, and figure the only other problem must be the ipod itself and probably needs to be replaced. otherwise i will have to live without the best part of the itouch. thanks anyways for the help guys