Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do you worry about having a case that doesn't protect the front of your iPhone?

Default Do you worry about having a case that doesn't protect the front of your iPhone?
    Do you worry about having a case that doesn't protect the front of your iPhone?

I use the Griffin Elan Form Case without any protection on the screen. The case provides enough of a ridge above the screen that if it were to fall face down the impact it placed on the case not on the screen (in most cases). I keep the phone in my pocket all day long, have dropped it numerous times and the phone is still good as the day I bought it, not a scratch or dent on it. The screen is tough and with reasonable care you will be fine no matter what case, but I will say I would be much more careful if I had an inferior silicon case on it instead.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DMod For This Useful Post:

RedFox (12-09-2008)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Most people are smart enough to be running BSE's.............. So no they don't worry. A BSE can take a lot of abuse...........

Of course if it is on a 3G, small gusts of wind can damage the phone internally.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

I have a silverback and it's survived multiple drops, including one face down from my shoulders on an airport floor. I did have a case originally but took it off.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    I have a silverback and it's survived multiple drops, including one face down from my shoulders on an airport floor. I did have a case originally but took it off.
    Ouch. Makes me cringe.

I've dropped mine a couple times with a case on it. The core case is pretty good scratch protection-wise, and my iSkin Revo was good for a while, but I took it off one day and there was a random knick in the top corner of my phone.

But yeah, the screen protection isn't a huge issue for either. I keep it alone in one pocket all the time and put it with the screen facing my thigh, to avoid incidental damage from corners an what not. They both have a good sized ridge so the screen doesn't touch the surface when laying flat and the Revo came with a screen shield, which I don't really use.
    Respect your elders.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I was against a case until I droppd my phone on a side walk and busted it. I got a replacement phone and got the Neo Capsule iphone case which is a hard plastic shell and a screen protector. I have dropped it multiple times on pavement and still in good shape. I just made sure the front edges are raised up so it doesnt hit on its screen directly.

who needs a case? invisishield is enough to protect the phone, just dont drop it too hard
    Last edited by iPh0wned; 12-09-2008 at 06:44 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i have a silverback also which is covered by a white incase slider (sexy). let me tell you, this thing will protect it on any FLAT SURFACE drop. as for the screen, a non-glare shield. keeps my phone looking nice. don't have to worry about scratches from lint in your pocket ect and the touchscreen still responds well. yet the phone still looks semi stock? if you know what i mean.

so yeah, i would feel very uncomfortable w/o a case on it... you never know what little accident you have. i remember some kid in the apple store saying to his buddy "cases are for people that don't know how to take care of their phone" and i'm thinking to myself... we'll see who's laughing when you scratch/dent the hell out of your $300 on an accidental drop. :-D

Thanks

i use my iskin revo from my 2g on my 3g, i dont use the screen protector, its a pain to take off every time but the glass screen is recessed enough to avoid cracking/smashing if dropped on a flat surface.

my key is always to put my iphone in my pocket alone, with nothing else. if keys, pens etc. get put in there i would imagine a scratch or 2. i remember when i got a gameboy colour when they were first released and had it in my pocket with my school pens and got the biggest scratch on the screen. learned a big lesson,.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

BSE + Anti-Glare screen protector keeps me happy
    So long, and thanks for all the fish