Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lost all my contacts and pictures from my iphone...

Default Lost all my contacts and pictures from my iphone...
    I lost everything when I jailbroke my 2.2...

i know there was an option at the end to restore from a previous phone but i skipped it when it was offered to me. i have been finding a way to get back to that option but i cant.

SO, is there anyway i can restore my old contacts and pictures and songs from my old phone before i jailbroke it?

also want to make sure cydia or installer is not removed in the process, thanks

Thanks

Yeah, restore again and your backup should still be there and you should be able to restore to it. Then just rejailbreak and voila!
    Respect your elders.

unfortunately when i did my upgrade my backup was corrupt....TWICE! do what ALL DAY suggests first but for me it wasnt such a happy ending. i frequently backup now.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Thanks

^Did you read my thread? If you need help restoring from a reallllly corrupt backup I'd be willing to help you.

I feel confident I can do it again; I'me even going to 2.2 as we speak, so I may have to tonight...
    Respect your elders.

^^^^tell me how it goes. and i will be saving your corrupt dude to my favorites. cant you either pm me the link or post it here (as it is applicable)

something NOT applicable.....i really need to shower and its like 3 in the morning. hahahahaha
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Thanks

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...-im-idiot.html<---- Click it.

EDIT: I'm glad I edited it earlier; mods would have been all over the place.

Read everything in there and click on the links to see if they help.

I restored from a backup corrupt in multiple ways by editing plists and all kinds of technical stuff while in the Spinning Wheel of Death; by far the most technical modification I've ever performed on my phone.

I guess I didn't really describe the full process in there, but I basically did it through multiple restores and taking note of differences between the plists and replacing some of the corrupt plists with the stock ones.

It was done almost completely through iPhone browser while in the Spinning Wheel of Death.

And my 2.2 went fine from backup. I literally uninstalled all of the jailbroken stuff I had on it first, though. It runs faster and is repwnd now, but I'll probably do it again as a new phone so it can be as fast as it can. Google streetview is sick.
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 12-06-2008 at 02:29 PM.
    Respect your elders.

no but how can i restore without having to jailbreak again?

Thanks

You can't. Restore gets rid of all that, unless you restore to a custom, jailbroken firmware.
    Respect your elders.