+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 2G in a 3G shell

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I was wondering today would it be possible to put an iphone 2G into an iphone 3G shell...how different are they structurally? for example the size of the screen, bezel,
    Thanks

Question iphone 2G in a 3G shell
    I was wondering today would it be possible to put an iphone 2G into an iphone 3G shell...how different are they structurally?
    for example the size of the screen, bezel, back case...would they be interchangeable? has anybody done it?

Thanks

ask cpjr or one1. they are the master modders here and would know more about them. try dropping them a PM or something. i personally am not too good with the hardware mods.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

no
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

hahahahaha. awesome answer

Thanks

why would you want to do that? are you trying to fool someone or are you trying to fool yourself? LOL j/k don't talk it seriously

but in the serious note, can I take the motor off my Chrysler 300 srt and fit a hamster wheel instead? maybe have a DOHC (duel over head cheese) ?
    Last edited by z3r01; 12-05-2008 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

They already did that, it's called a NEON.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kjack05's Avatar
    Thanks

I would want the opposite personally. I like the V1's metal casing

iPhone? More like MyPhone JackSchitt's Avatar
    Thanks

That metal casing looks like poo compared to my glossy black finger print loving 3G shell. Old iPhone reminds me of that stinken a** G1.

Thanks

wow I cant believe how many useless people are on this site! I havent been helped once so far.
    its a simple **EDIT CPJR - No Profanity** question, if you dont have the answer for it, dont reply! its that simple, replying just to get more posts wont help anybody!

now back to the post!!!!
    its nothing like putting a car engine into a hamster wheel. the Apple iPhone and the Apple iPhone 3G have a lot in common and by common sense someone should come up with a way to do this. I only want to know how similar they are inside and if its possible to do.
    Last edited by cpjr; 12-06-2008 at 09:49 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone diggie2002's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BearZ View Post
    wow I cant believe how many useless people are on this site! I havent been helped once so far.
    its a simple question, if you dont have the answer for it, dont reply! its that simple, replying just to get more posts wont help anybody!

now back to the post!!!!
    its nothing like putting a car engine into a hamster wheel. the Apple iPhone and the Apple iPhone 3G have a lot in common and by common sense someone should come up with a way to do this. I only want to know how similar they are inside and if its possible to do.
    Didn't One1 answer that pretty fully a few posts back....no. Big fat no. I believe the screen is a Hundredth of an inch or two larger in the 3G, thus making the case larger , bezel larger and so on....
    Last edited by cpjr; 12-06-2008 at 09:49 AM.
    Thank me if I helped you out!

Thanks

^^^^ for real. if anyone knows about hardware here its one1. so dont be calling people useless until you know who knows what around here. everyone who is active here knows one1 knows his stuff with hardware. period. dont be getting mad because you dont get the answer you want.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cricketlang For This Useful Post:

diggie2002 (12-06-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone kjack05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BearZ View Post
    its a simple question, if you dont have the answer for it, dont reply! its that simple, replying just to get more posts wont help anybody!

now back to the post!!!!
    If everyone is so useless go to another forum.
    Last edited by cpjr; 12-06-2008 at 09:50 AM.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Yeah, the answers no....the 2 phones are far to different internally.

The fact that the external design of the phones are different changes the internals quite a bit, the buttons on a 3g for example (power, volume, mute) are built totally different and use a "pressure" fit design, which is different from the 2g. Even pieces like the screen (glass, LCD, digitizer) component have been revamped on the 3g.

And, on a side note.....NO PROFANITY.
    Last edited by cpjr; 12-06-2008 at 10:02 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

BearZ (12-06-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Yeah, the answers no....the 2 phones are far to different internally.

The fact that the external design of the phones are different changes the internals quite a bit, the buttons on a 3g for example (power, volume, mute) are built totally different and use a "pressure" fit design, which is different from the 2g. Even pieces like the screen (glass, LCD, digitizer) component have been revamped on the 3g.

And, on a side note.....NO PROFANITY.
    thanks! finally I get a good enough answer.
    I understand "no" is an answer but it doesnt explain why! people might ask the same question again if not explained completely the first time around...
    about not being useful, this is probably the only site thats any close to being any help at all.(I could go on but I dont wanna create drama so im going to end it at that)

im sorry for the profanity, wont happen again, just wanted to get my point across.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    They already did that, it's called a NEON.
    lol

fitting something into another thing that wasnt designed for it=samething your talking about.....

question, how many things have you tried swapping? ps2>ps3? xbox>xbox360? or maybe a sidekick slide>LX?

im teasing man! sense of humor, fit that into you lol j/k

but im glad that you understand now, just wish this other one can

4mericanF4c3
    Run 3G on 2G iPhone

is it possible? or is it just a wild dream???? could someone try it for me, and post your results please? cuz I'm dieing for my 2G iphone to run 3G, cuz I'm too broke to buy a 3G haha!!!!! so yea please someone could you find out if its possible???
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

No means NO. Not "maybe if you explained it to me it would work". it means NO.

Whether you want to accept NO or not is up to you, but if you ask for an answer and get a correct one then piss and moan because it isn't the one you wanted, then I don't see you ever getting an answer again.

To further however an longer answer "No, because you cannot".

there, still looks like NO to me, though.

OH and FYI....... CPJR quoted me for your answer. I wrote about pressure fit on here when I reviewed the phone which you'd have found if you searched at all. So I answered you either way.

.... be the last damn time though.
    Last edited by one1; 12-06-2008 at 03:10 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone JackSchitt's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow. I was hoping you wouldnt act like an immature little kid when they didnt spoon feed you your answer. If One1 gives you an answer to your technical question i can guarantee you he is 99.9 percent correct. As soon as he answered no, i thought in my simple mind about and i came to the realization that the parts were incompatable. Dont ask for help if you dont want to hear the correct answer. Now lick your wounds and move on.

Thanks

sorry it wasnt worth opening my cs4

lol sorry just teasing again, funny stuff
    Last edited by z3r01; 12-06-2008 at 03:45 PM.
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    No means NO. Not "maybe if you explained it to me it would work". it means NO.

Whether you want to accept NO or not is up to you, but if you ask for an answer and get a correct one then piss and moan because it isn't the one you wanted, then I don't see you ever getting an answer again.

To further however an longer answer "No, because you cannot".

there, still looks like NO to me, though.

OH and FYI....... CPJR quoted me for your answer. I wrote about pressure fit on here when I reviewed the phone which you'd have found if you searched at all. So I answered you either way.

.... be the last damn time though.
    I dont have anything against you or anyone else on this forum.
    I did search and found nothing maybe its your serch feature that needs fixing?!
    I dont know who you are or how much you know, but if you want to help it would be nice, with all your apparent knowledge. maybe you should post somewhere that whatever one1 says is final word! we would have much less BS on the site!
    ok so now I understand that it cannot be done! thatnk you for your input...as short as it may be