Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: screen damage

Default screen damage
    The other day when I pulled my iPhone out of my front pocket I found there to be what looks like pixel damage on the lcd. I have no clue how it got there and there is no damage/scratches/cracks on the glass. The weird thing is it has appeared to be getting larger over the past few days. I have owned the phone for almost one year now (in two weeks it will be one year exactly) and have never dropped the phone.

My question is is there any point in going to the Genius Bar at the apple store? Or will they most likely say it was abused and blame it on me?
    Last edited by cates044; 12-01-2008 at 02:45 AM.

your lcd is ripping

there's a program on cydia called pixel checker or something. It says something about fixing pixels but i don't know if it actually works.

Would they consider this my fault? Apple has a 1 year hardware warranty don't they?

In case anyone is interested, I went to my appointment at the Genius Bar today and they replaced my phone with another new 2G iPhone without any problems!
    Last edited by cates044; 12-01-2008 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Haha, an LCD doesnt "rip"......and yeah, it should be covered under warranty no problem.