Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Things you don't like about your iPhone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Only 2 Complaints- Audio Hardware &...
    This is an excerpt from my post under "Review Your iPhone":

I only have 2 real complaints, the first being the (temporary) restriction of ringtones to either the pre-installed ones from Apple or, of course, ones you'd be forced to buy from them if you don't find a way around it. When I was on Verizon I made my own tones and sent them to myself as MMS attachments, getting around that same restriction pretty easily.

My biggest complaint is the audio. It's not very clear, the speaker is weak, sound quality is not great and volume doesn't go nearly as high as it should. Certain callers I can barely hear, and the ones that I can hear are usually not quite loud enough even at full volume. This is one area that can't really be helped fully with software upgrades, and I'm sure future iPhones will have better audio hardware, especially if enough people complain. Also, the mic built into the headphones should have a gain control; it randomly picks up my voice & other sound at different levels, almost too well, and the random excessive volume (gain) can distort your voice (try listening to messages you leave on other people's voicemail before you hang up). So it's loud, but not always clear. Checking voicemail through the iPhone interface is really cool, but again the audio seems slightly static-y and compressed.
    I would add to this that not only should there be better speakers on this phone, but there should be TWO (stereo) speakers. One weak little speaker that distorts easily on the iPhone, Apple's "best iPod" and the greatest phone ever made?

Other than that, I am really, really impressed with this phone and fiercely defend it when I hear criticism from non-iPhoners.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Right. I agree, but on the other hand, they didn't want to create a boom box, the only reason they put the speaker on there is so people could use speaker phone. Look at the iPod, they've never included a speaker on them. I assume this is for battery life. If you are playing through a decent set of stereo speakers all day long, you are going to reduce your battery life quite a bit. Once they have a way to diminish that usage, look for better speakers on the iPhone/iPod line.

Although I agree the in call volume is lame.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Oh PF, I wish I had that many friends ; I only use 4 Mail Accts. I am also pessimistic, looking for the bad in the 8G IPhone. I have a couple myself I will log later. Nice talkin! gtrjr51

Hi, Am I the only one that watches YT like there's an earthquake? Very jumpy, unclear and mindboggling! Something I need to do? Tx gtrjr51
    Last edited by gtrjr51; 07-03-2007 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No multi-entries in To field when sending SMS.
    No Flash support.
    No regular headphone jacks, you need to buy an adapter.
    Last edited by wisecat74; 07-04-2007 at 03:24 AM.

Hello all, i'm new to this so i apologize in advance. I can not transfer my contacts over from my old sim to new phone i went to AT T and they loaded my files on my flash memory as a pbb file, now how do i get it over to itunes or on the phone directly, im having no luck!! Also cant set up hotmail on phone tried using izymail to no avail, please help!

Any Help would be Def appreciated, Please someone

I guess no one really cares to help anyone here? Huh?????

Hello can u help????????, i'm new to this so i apologize in advance. I can not transfer my contacts over from my old sim to new phone i went to AT T and they loaded my files on my flash memory as a pbb file, now how do i get it over to itunes or on the phone directly, im having no luck!! Also cant set up hotmail on phone tried using izymail to no avail, please help!

Any Help would be Def appreciated, Please someone
    Last edited by DLEITE13; 07-04-2007 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

you need to copy your contacts over to outlook if you are using a pc from your old phone, and then itunes will do the rest. hotmail is not able to be retrieved via IMAP or POP3 so you will not be able to access it via your iPhone. I recommend setting up an AIM, GMail, or Yahoo! mail account and then setting up your iPhone to retrieve mail from that.

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Every SENT message in my Gmail is showing up in my inbox.
    Ya... i hate that. That is the only reason i sunk down to the yahoo push IMAP with my gmail forwarded....

No ability to change my reply-to address or specify a different SMTP server on the built-in email provider settings. I want to use Yahoo IMAP Push but also show my address as my non-yahoo account which forwards to Yahoo/Gmail. I can do this with Gmail just not with Yahoo IMAP.

Quote Originally Posted by McCarron View Post
    No ability to change my reply-to address or specify a different SMTP server on the built-in email provider settings. I want to use Yahoo IMAP Push but also show my address as my non-yahoo account which forwards to Yahoo/Gmail. I can do this with Gmail just not with Yahoo IMAP.
    we're trying to find a workaround for this, if you look in the iPhone forum you'll see a Yahoo! and a GMail thread.

iPod crashes almost all the time while browsing the web. And I mean it happens quite often, considering that OS X is a very stable operating system.

can't use my VoxTone Ringtone as ringtone since this iphone doesn't seem to allow mp3's to be set as your ringtone. I bought the voxtone from voxtoneonline.com but couldn't set. however I did hear this is a way?
    Last edited by jackrob123; 07-08-2007 at 01:47 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

No sir, so far there is not a way...

I wish the ringtones and speakerphone was louder.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgoh View Post
    I wish the ringtones and speakerphone was louder.
    I think the speakers overall are a disappointment. The speaker for listening to music doesn't sound that great, and the speakerphone volume is a joke. The ringtones aren't nearly loud enough either. Earpiece volume is fine though.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Right. I think Apple was trying to avoid people using it essentially as a boom box device - for battery purposes. But then you wind up messing up your Speaker volume, which is the issue we face...

I hate that I cant use my old Ipod earphones. The jack fits but they dont work. I know the iPhone ones have that cool mic built in them, but it could not have been hard to engineer a jack that accepts both ipod/iphone jack styles.

Because they want you to buy special headphones and adapters.

Angry Motorola HF850 bluetooth car kit doesnt work
    I have a Motorola HF850 Bluetooth car kit. It pairs with my iphone. I cant hear the other people and they cant hear me. I contacted motorola and they say it is not compatible. This sucks. I called and gave apple the model # and told them the problem. So hopefully it will get fixed with firmware upgrade later on.

That sucks man.

iphone sucks in my view and has most of the features many other phones already have on the market. nothing new. After not being able to install my voxtone as a ringtone which I bought over at http://www.voxtoneonline.com I decided to go back and return my iPhone and buy this device, http://www.telusmobility.com/on/pcs/...htc_s720.shtml which I think murders the iphone in many ways. get this, the store I was returning it to was currently sold out of iphones, so while I was in the process of returning it, a dude comes up to me says, he'll buy my iphone for $1000.00. I was like, Sure...:-) SOld it and got this, http://www.telusmobility.com/on/pcs/...htc_s720.shtml

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast