Closed Thread

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs gives all iPhone owners $100 back

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Not sure if anyone has posted this today but i saw this on my local news and just read about it on Engadget.... im so stoked! now i can buy
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Steve Jobs gives all iPhone owners $100 back
    Not sure if anyone has posted this today but i saw this on my local news and just read about it on Engadget.... im so stoked! now i can buy a new nano for only 50$! cant wait to get 100$!

http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/06/s...ners-100-back/
    iPhone 3G 8GB (2.0.2), iPhone 2G 8GB (2.0.2)

Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo 15inch, 4GB Ram

Intel E8400 Core2Duo 3.0ghz (OC 3.8ghz)
    4gb DDR2 Ram
    500gb RAID0
    GeForce 8800GTS 640mb

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sweet! I'm getting a 16GB Touch!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

how can u get it ? i might try to rip them off this time

Thanks
    I've never seen a cash rebate in cases like this. I have this strange feeling we'll see it in the form of store or iTunes credit. If it's store credit I'm not gonna be happy. If it's iTunes, that sucks, but it's better than store credit.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Credit at Apple store or online store. See apple.com where it says "letter to all iphone customers"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default wow
    you are all a bunch of haterz. You are sitting on the coolest gadget known to man and all you can do is complain about a price drop? And now, apple is going to give away 100 million dollars (100$ x 1000000 sold) to all if us who bought it... Get a life haterz

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyu View Post
    you are all a bunch of haterz. You are sitting on the coolest gadget known to man and all you can do is complain about a price drop? And now, apple is going to give away 100 million dollars (100$ x 1000000 sold) to all if us who bought it... Get a life haterz
    $100 is more like $25 to mr jobs since hes doing it at his store,

And me buying a 4gb 18 days ago to find out its discontiuned is not worth $100 to make me feel better.

I am thankful I get that, but I still got shafted hardcore. 18days

He didnt do this cause he wanted to, he did it cause he had to. He had no choice but to get this out of the news and back to hyping products. His PR skills need some work.

Lets see here is my scenario

Buy 4Gb iPhone
    Love It
    Find out the 8Gb is now a $100 cheaper than what I paid, and mine is discontinued
    NOT SITTING WELL
    Here is $100 your still stuck with a discontinued phone, and you have to buy something from me so I make more money on shipping, and profit.

Ummmm

Yeah call me a hater or as you slanged it haterz I GOT SCREWED and this bandaid of a $100 might keep my wound from being reopened but it still is going to leave a scar.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I feel betrayed by Apples/Steve Jobs actions regarding price reductions two months after they released the iphone. Whats wrong with you guys; look I like my i-phone and have no regrets, but lets get real if the phone had sold to expectations, none of would having this conversation. If Apple needs to reduce pricing to stimulate sales, so be it, but giving me $100.00 toward Apple only purchases is B.S. If you pull out the margin on Apple products, the big deal gift only costs Apple $50.00 or $60.00. The only right thing to do is refund our money, if we hadn't supported his new phone they would have lost millions. I'm pissed and have lost my respect for Stevie.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jochet View Post
    I feel betrayed by Apples/Steve Jobs actions regarding price reductions two months after they released the iphone. Whats wrong with you guys; look I like my i-phone and have no regrets, but lets get real if the phone had sold to expectations, none of would having this conversation. If Apple needs to reduce pricing to stimulate sales, so be it, but giving me $100.00 toward Apple only purchases is B.S. If you pull out the margin on Apple products, the big deal gift only costs Apple $50.00 or $60.00. The only right thing to do is refund our money, if we hadn't supported his new phone they would have lost millions. I'm pissed and have lost my respect for Stevie.

I agree MY RESPECT IS WORTH MORE THAN $100

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

yup heard it on the radio a few minutes ago, said it will be in the form of a gift certificate

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

just to let u guys know detail of this"rebate" will be given next week..who knows it might not even apply to every one
    mod edit, old signature removed

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 652 Posts