Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I need help...messed up my iphone

Default I need help...messed up my iphone
    Hello everyone...I have an unlocked tmobile iphone 2.1 version and it is now at the insert valid sim card screen. How did I get there? Well I was downloading an app/game, turned my iphone off, and then when I turned it back on, it was stuck on the apple logo. Then I was stupid enough to try and restore it through itunes, went through the steps and now Im stuck at that insert valid sim card screen which I obviously dont have. Can any one help me? Please...

iPhone? More like MyPhone MikeYuse0406's Avatar
    Thanks

Can you provide more information? For instance, which iPhone version do you have "2G or 3G"? Are you on a 2G soft unlocked or on a 3G with one of those sim unlock sim cards?

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it a 3G iPhone? If it is, you sorta messed that up by restoring with iTunes...

If not, try removing the SIM and wiping the connector on it with your finger (providing your finger is decently clean) and put it back in. Do that while the iPhone is powered off of course.
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

It is a 2G, not sure what you mean by soft unlock. Originally I had that plastic thing over my sim when it was a 1.? something version and then a friend upgraded it to 2.1 using the quickpwn2.1 method.

Thanks

Soft unlock - software unlock. If you had it software unlock there would be no need to have that plastic thing over your sim. My suggestions are to restore and upgrade to 2.2 via iTunes. Then, use quickpwn 2.2 to jailbreak and unlock your iPhone. In addition, trying cleaning the connectors of the sim carefully. When doing so, make sure your phone is off.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeYuse0406 View Post
    Soft unlock - software unlock. If you had it software unlock there would be no need to have that plastic thing over your sim. My suggestions are to restore and upgrade to 2.2 via iTunes. Then, use quickpwn 2.2 to jailbreak and unlock your iPhone. In addition, trying cleaning the connectors of the sim carefully. When doing so, make sure your phone is off.
    I think thats where Im at now, it restored to 2.2 but its not activated Im stuck at that insert valid sim card screen, can I start the jailbreak and unlock from there? I really appreciate your help, thank you very much.

is 2.2 better then 2.0.1?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _less_than_zero View Post
    is 2.2 better then 2.0.1?
    Well, in my personal opinion, I have found 2.2 to be the best FW update that apple has released since the iPhone first was known. My iPhone has being a lot more responsive and faster on 2.2. In addition, there are a few features that you are missing from 2.1 and now 2.2 that makes the iPhone a much fun device to play with.