+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2 Broken Iphones, help me make one work!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Alright heres the deal, I have 2 broken iphones (4gb & 8gb). The 4gig has a cracked screen and the 8 gig's battery is screwed up (constantly restarts itself or
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default 2 Broken Iphones, help me make one work!
    Alright heres the deal, I have 2 broken iphones (4gb & 8gb). The 4gig has a cracked screen and the 8 gig's battery is screwed up (constantly restarts itself or shuts itself off). My question is, would it be easier to transfer the battery from the 4gb to the 8gb or transfer the screen on the 8gb to the 4gb? What tools are necessary for either one? Im pretty good at taking apart electronics and puttin em back together. Also, if anyone knows of a DIY guide for either procedure that would be helpful. Thanks,

Mark

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

see sig....
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Green Apple
    Thanks

the battery is easier if you have to split your screen...

but if you are going to transfer the entire LCD display, touch panel, and glass cover, then the display would probably be easier.

Here is my take on things...

1) take the screen off the broken screen iphone first. this will get you experienced on how you are going to destroy the rubber seal around your screen. ( i learned this first hand).

2) you don't want to pry your LCD screen off your glass because it has adhesive and you have to "GENTLY" do it, and I broke my LCD screen trying... (cost 295 dollars from apple to replace).

3) the battery is under the motherboard and that whole section is much much much more forgiving if you mess up... the screen you are straight screwed if you crack or mess it up...

basically.. if you goto the 8gig, you get the benefits of the larger HD. but if you transfer to the 4gig you have less stuff to remove since your just swapping 2 displays with eachother. but i'd remove the glass on both first, and then see how you did.. you may just remove and click. and be done with it. your call.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Make sure you know what your doing if you decide to screw with the battery. Cross the wires and it will explode.

Banned
    Thanks

any pictures for a guide?