Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Early Termination

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Early Termination
    Hi all,

I have been reading a lot on the iPhone, just like you but have not found any answer to this question.

My company gave me a phone when I joined. It is a blackberry with an unlimited ATT plan (data, minutes, international).
    I read that the iPhone would be for the consumer market, not for enterprises.

Any individual with an ATT subscription will be able to use their iPhone with a little upgrade. Apparently, I won't be able to activate an iPhone with my company plan so my question is :

Can I make a new subscription with ATT, activate my iPhone, (call my mum ) and terminate the subscription, pay the $175 and then, use my ATT sim card and use my corporate plan?

People keep asking if they can terminate and use their Tmobile or other, I am an ATT customer and want to terminate to be able to use my ATT account, as crazy as it may sound.

Second question, I just moved from France to SF for 3 years. I am a little scare with the credit check because, even if I don't have money problems, I don't have any credit history, this does not exist in France, do you think they will refuse my activation ?

Thanks for sharing

plaurent

You don't need to terminate to use your iPhone. You can change your existing account to an iPhone plan, however it will not receive the corporate discounts (I am currently using UPS corporate discount rate), this was stated on AT&T's website on the FAQ. This will allow you to keep your current AT&T number. I'm not 100% certain about your corporate plan, but I know when I started mine it was on a month to month basis with no contract required, so if indeed I did want to terminate service it wouldn't cost me a dime to do so.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Criss For This Useful Post:

plaurent (06-29-2007)

Blackberry server will not work on the iPhone... at least not yet. So if you were able to get the sim working in the new iPhone, you would lose your work/blackberry email at the very least.

Visual voicemail and internet browsing may not work either.

You shouldn't run out and just buy one yet until someone figures all of this out. Of course you could go figure it out yourself and then post all the info here though!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to editwizard For This Useful Post:

plaurent (06-29-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the answers.

Just so you know, I read the lines about the discounts, I am not asking for a discount, I just want to buy one with all accessories available and don't really care how much this is going to cost me, what I don't want is to have another phone line on top of my work line, so that should work for me if I don't ask for a discount.

Since my work plan already has unlimited data, I guess I don't need to add the 20$ data plan or is it not correct. I am feeling like in the 20$ iphone data plan, there is something special to make data work on the iphone, not just another 20 bucks to spend to get data, I hope I am wrong though.

I also don't mind not receiving the Blackberry emails, this is not compulsory for me since I have corporate secured webmail.

At some point, I think I would be able to buy the iPhone just for the iPod and web browsing functionalities. Having the phone activated would be a + (not kidding). The only thing that matters to me is to be able to activate the iPhone with my corporate ATT account and not be stopped in the process because this is not a consumer account and NOT be able to use the iPod and Web Browsing because the phone has not been activated.

I guess I will be the one to answer these questions tonight after I buy my iPhone.

Thanks

plaurent
    PS : posting from my work PC but still a huge fan of Apple

Here is what I am reading on Macosrumors.com forum. It does not smell good.

"For those who wanted to know, I got confirmation from ATT that if you can ONLY use an iPhone Data Plan with an iPhone. You can't take out your SIM and use data on a different phone.

This mainly affects people, like myself, who already have ATT accounts that suffer from schizophonia, and need to be able to use a different smartphone whenever I feel like it.

See below:
    Thank you for taking the time to e-mail AT&T regarding if you will have
    to change your plan to use an iPhone. I am happy to help you with your
    inquiry and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

To use an iPhone, you will be required to have one of the valid iPhone
    data plans on the wireless number that will be activating the iPhone.
    The iPhone data plan may replace your current data plan and your voice
    plan will stay the same. Unfortunately, you will not be able to use
    your current data plan with the iPhone and your current phone will not
    be compatible with the iPhone plan. As a result, you will have to
    change your data plan in order to use the iPhone.

Existing AT&T customers can add one of three iPhone Data Plans to their
    current voice plan..."

Arggg, an Advil, somebody?

Plaurent
    Last edited by plaurent; 06-29-2007 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost