+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G's state after reassembly

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I've taken apart my iPhone 3G, and put it back together, and everything works fine, except for one thing. As far as I know, the glass screen and the metal
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3G's state after reassembly
    I've taken apart my iPhone 3G, and put it back together, and everything works fine, except for one thing. As far as I know, the glass screen and the metal bezel should be perfectly flush with one another. After I put my phone back together, I noticed that the glass is every so slightly raised up higher than the bezel. I've tried re-fitting the screen in, but it ends up in the same position. It's barely even noticeable, but if I'm doing something wrong, it would be good to know so I can avoid it in the future.

So, those you who have taken apart your iPhone 3G's, can you check your screen for me? Is the glass perfectly level with the bezel?

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,460 Times in 1,264 Posts

Taken apart plenty of 2g's, always perfect like before. However the differnce would prolly be from the fact that the 2g glass, digitizer, LCD is one piece...

And on the 3g its separated. So its prolly one of those things that once its taken apart it will never quite be the same.