Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lost Youtube!

Default Lost Youtube!
    Was trying to install a newsreader program that I downloaded.

I'm used to installing .ipa files, but this was a folder that was like "inewsreader.app".

So I assumed to install it, you just copied & pasted it into the Applications folder on your phone with all the rest of the folders like that.

I did that, but it didn't show up in my Springboard after a reboot, so I went to delete it.

(I used a program called "Diskaid" to do all this btw. Works with data cable... no SSHing or WIFI stuff)

I highlighted the folder for the app, rightclicked onit and hit "Delete".
    It seemed to go thru the motions, but was still there.

So I highlighted it again, and deleted it... this time it seemed to work and was gone.

But I noticed a blank spot on my Springboard, and after looking at all my apps... realized that Youtube app was no longer there!

Apparently, even tho I thought I had the Newsreader app highlighted... it must have somehow deleted the Youtube app instead.

(I would guess... tho I'm positive the news app was highlighted, that's what I rightclicked on and chose Delete on... so I don't really know what the Hell happened.)

So basically my question is...
    how do I get the native Youtube app back?
    (without doing a restore)

Is this even possible?
    Is there someplace I can download it and reinstall it?

I was on Planet-iPhone's site, and there was a place to download stock iphone apps like this, but the guy who posted the youtube app, said it was from his 1.14 firmware phone. Mine is a 3G 2.1 iphone, and don't know if it would work, or how to install it either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
    Thanks!

lost mine today also. Wierd added nothing, just stopped working. 2.1 3g

Quote Originally Posted by themagician8 View Post
    Was trying to install a newsreader program that I downloaded.

I'm used to installing .ipa files, but this was a folder that was like "inewsreader.app".

So I assumed to install it, you just copied & pasted it into the Applications folder on your phone with all the rest of the folders like that.

I did that, but it didn't show up in my Springboard after a reboot, so I went to delete it.

(I used a program called "Diskaid" to do all this btw. Works with data cable... no SSHing or WIFI stuff)

I highlighted the folder for the app, rightclicked onit and hit "Delete".
    It seemed to go thru the motions, but was still there.

So I highlighted it again, and deleted it... this time it seemed to work and was gone.

But I noticed a blank spot on my Springboard, and after looking at all my apps... realized that Youtube app was no longer there!

Apparently, even tho I thought I had the Newsreader app highlighted... it must have somehow deleted the Youtube app instead.

(I would guess... tho I'm positive the news app was highlighted, that's what I rightclicked on and chose Delete on... so I don't really know what the Hell happened.)

So basically my question is...
    how do I get the native Youtube app back?
    (without doing a restore)

Is this even possible?
    Is there someplace I can download it and reinstall it?

I was on Planet-iPhone's site, and there was a place to download stock iphone apps like this, but the guy who posted the youtube app, said it was from his 1.14 firmware phone. Mine is a 3G 2.1 iphone, and don't know if it would work, or how to install it either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
    Thanks!

Idk know much about troubleshooting iphones, but i was able to find this:

Apple - Support - Discussions - Updated to 2.1 and lost my App Store ...

You can try it out, other than that i havent found a way to add original apps on firmware 2.0 or above.

thanks, but I don't think that would help.
    I deleted the whole folder for the app somehow, and need to get a copy of it to put back if that's possible.

but thanks for trying!