Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.2 bug list

Default 2.2 bug list
    anyone notice these 2 bugs in 2.2?
    the first is where you have a song that youve changed the start time using itunes. when you listen to the song it starts form your custom start time, but if while listening to the song, you hit previous it takes you to the beginning of the song at 0 seconds and not your custom start point.
    the other bug is that sometimes the home button does not wake up my iphone. it takes a couple tries for it work whereas the sleep button does it immediately.
    any comments or suggestions?
    tia

Thanks

suggestion - i would rather apple spent their time implementing new features i.e. copy & paste as opposed to ironing out small bugs that are meaningless and only affect 0.0000001% of all iPhone users.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    suggestion - i would rather apple spent their time implementing new features i.e. copy & paste as opposed to ironing out small bugs that are meaningless and only affect 0.0000001% of all iPhone users.
    How about fixing bugs in the current software first before bringing in new features that most users won't use?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

avnyc11 (11-24-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I agree. I have really no bugs other than a laggy contact list and bad 3G-EDGE-No Service transition which has been resolved.

Other than Street View(cool but not really useful to most people) and Podcast downloads(which i do not use), I wish they implemented new user features that most people would actually use. Copy and paste is the only feature right now that I wish they could implement. At least give us turn by turn or copy and paste. Holy ****.

Im really happy with the features of the new 2.2.... the google maps app is so awesome now with street view. I used to hear that they were going to add to the GPS so that it would know what direction you were traveling in to make it possible to give you turn by turn directions.. but still noting.. and what happened to apple implementing push into other apps? Stil nothing there too

Thanks

sorry op and captainchaos, its not personal and didnt mean to sound bitter. it just seems after each firmware update people almost go out of their way to find pointless bugs, then when apple release a firmware update with no new user features worth talking about but include "bug fixes" in the notes the same people complain.

i have no problem with my home button and all my songs start from 0:00 unless ive made a ringtone and forgot to change it back. anyway, i would rather live with that and have copy and paste than another bug fixing firmware update.

i am happy with 2.2 and it seems very stable compared to the rest of 2.x, thankyou apple. now can we all not give apple an excuse to release another "bug fixing" firmware and push for new user features that are long awaited and features people will actually use i.e. copy & paste.

and how long would it take apple to make a mobile version of iwork for the iphone? or something similar. i mean, if they really wanted to take the business enterprise seriously, a document editor of some description + copy & paste are ESSENTIAL. its like they have done it half assed.

and pushh notifications are essential, no matter the wear on battery life. we should at least have the option to use it already.
    Last edited by reeko; 11-24-2008 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    sorry op and captainchaos, its not personal and didnt mean to sound bitter. it just seems after each firmware update people almost go out of their way to find pointless bugs, then when apple release a firmware update with no new user features worth talking about but include "bug fixes" in the notes the same people complain.

i have no problem with my home button and all my songs start from 0:00 unless ive made a ringtone and forgot to change it back. anyway, i would rather live with that and have copy and paste than another bug fixing firmware update.

i am happy with 2.2 and it seems very stable compared to the rest of 2.x, thankyou apple. now can we all not give apple an excuse to release another "bug fixing" firmware and push for new user features that are long awaited and features people will actually use i.e. copy & paste.

and how long would it take apple to make a mobile version of iwork for the iphone? or something similar. i mean, if they really wanted to take the business enterprise seriously, a document editor of some description + copy & paste are ESSENTIAL. its like they have done it half assed.

and pushh notifications are essential, no matter the wear on battery life. we should at least have the option to use it already.
    No worries Reeko. We all know that in no shape or form is Apple listening to the public as far as what we want to have on the phone. So, with that being said, the firmware updates that they send us should be flawless. Period. If you are going to update my phone to make it a better product then I expect it to be better in all areas...not fixing one issue and causing another.

IF Apple had a site that ran a Poll as to what they should introduce next then it would be different. The masses would get what the majority wanted...which differs from person to person. Do I care about MMS? No. Do I care about Copy/Paste? No. Do I care about Push? No. Do I care about a firmware causing issues with my phone? Yes.

My point was that what you may want to see, others may not. Does it make your wants more important than mine? No. Just as what I would like to see is in no way more important than what you desire.

What we do deserve though is a product that is supposed to be tested before being released and it seems like Apple is having a major issue with thorough testing.

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    Im really happy with the features of the new 2.2.... the google maps app is so awesome now with street view. I used to hear that they were going to add to the GPS so that it would know what direction you were traveling in to make it possible to give you turn by turn directions.. but still noting.. and what happened to apple implementing push into other apps? Stil nothing there too
    I upgraded to 2.2 on my 2G iphone but I can't see the street view feature. Where is it? Is it because my iPhone is not 3G? any clues?

Thank you

EDIT: I found it. I didn't know I had to drop a pin and then touch the little orange circle at the left of the pin's pop up.
    Last edited by danramos; 11-24-2008 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by danramos View Post
    I upgraded to 2.2 on my 2G iphone but I can't see the street view feature. Where is it? Is it because my iPhone is not 3G? any clues?

Thank you
    It's there...but only for some countries at the moment...like US. Google are still taking photos for the rest. To try it search for a landmark in the US...say Golden Gate Bridge. When the pin drops on the map, the pin lable should have an orange head and shoulders on the left. Hit that and it'll bring up the photo.

im not having any major issues with the 2.2. in fact my phone feels more responsive, faster, and more pleasant to use overall.