+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP PLEASE! Jailbreak disappears when i restore (to sync phone book)

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i was Jailbroken with 2.1 . decided to use pwnagetool 2.2 . did everything, all went well, and saw the home screen with all the apps including cydia with 2.2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default HELP PLEASE! Jailbreak disappears when i restore (to sync phone book)
    i was Jailbroken with 2.1 . decided to use pwnagetool 2.2 . did everything, all went well, and saw the home screen with all the apps including cydia with 2.2 firmware.

i go on to the last step of the Jailbreak guide, which is to "restore from the back of " to get my phone book back on there, but when thats done with, alot of apps disappear including cydia, installer, maps. for some reason i have google app and a safari shortcut i created in the past, but other than that just the other stock apps.

anyone have any idea what i did wrong? i know if i redo the restore i can get back to having everything including cydia on the phone, but how do i sync the phone book without this happening again?

also it seems that some apps are still in the phone, but arent showing on the home screen (i can see them in the settings menu, shazam for example... but its not on the home screen) . for what its worth, i was using Poof back with 2.1)

found teh answer thanks to a post by 461am

"If you have settings:

1. Go into settings, general, Restrictions.
    2. Enable restrictions, and then disable them."

thanks 461!
    Last edited by iPh0wned; 11-24-2008 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost