Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.2 callerid and 00 to call internationally

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default 2.2 callerid and 00 to call internationally
    after upgrading to 2.2 when i dial 00 to call internationally at any country the number is not recognized by the caller id

for example if i dial 00 1 718 XXX-XXXX to call to the states the number is not recognized (the nunber is on my addressbook as +718 XXX-XXXX.) however if i dial +1718 XXX-XXXX or 718 XXX-XXXXthe number gets recognized. The same occurs for any country and any number i dial did anyone faces the same problem ?

Thanks
    Last edited by astylianou; 11-23-2008 at 04:26 AM. Reason: wrong info

I am having the same problem.
    updated to 2.2. And now no caller ID.
    However, this thread : http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...ch-needed.html helped me out when I was on 2.1.

But that method now no longer works.
    Can someone please provide a working solution?
    Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i do not think that the numbers are formated trough /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppSupport.framework/PhoneNumberTemplates.plist anymore aany changes that are made there do not affect the caller id (at least at my case)

Can someone try this on a not jailbroken phone? just dial the (number for international calls) (country number) (phone number)
    in most of the countries this is
    00 (country code) (phone number)
    in the states is
    011 (country code) (phone number)
    if the number is stored in the address book as +(country code) (phone number) does the number gets recognized by caller id?
    Last edited by astylianou; 11-23-2008 at 04:36 AM. Reason: added info

hey there,

i still didn't update to 2.2.
    As soon as i update, ill try to find a fix, and let u know.
    Just was wondering if Installer Caller ID fix does work or not?

Check it out and let me know

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    No caller id fix does not work but i do not think this is a caller id fix problem. US,UK,Greek,Italian numbers should be recognized without the need of the caller id Fix.

However 7 people in total replied to me on other forums 3 of them on jailbroken phone with the same problem, 4 of them with a non jailbroken phones without the problem. Could this be a jailbroke issue? I restore myne 4 times now and i have the same problem (I used both quick Pwn and PwnageTool)The only thing i did not do is to re download the firmware (maybe there is something wrong with my copy). Is that a jailbroke issue or maybe i am doing something wrong? The other thing that passes through my mind is that apple has changed something that will work only with official carriers.
    Last edited by astylianou; 11-23-2008 at 12:33 PM.

Thanks for joining in Vim!
    No luck still...:-(

@astylianou
    Even I tried restoring, but doesn't work.
    Check out the iSpazio site: CallerID Fix Collection 1.1.4 - Update ChangeLogs | Cydia | iSpazio - The iPhone Blog
    There are some discussions going on over there.
    Just dont understand, what has changed between 2.1 & 2.2, earlier, replacing the phonenumbertemplates.plist file would do the trick.
    Not anymore though...
    Am seriously thinking about going back to 2.1...
    Last edited by tapas; 11-23-2008 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got the solution.
    You have to copy the file AppSupport (inside /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppSupport.framework/) original of the v. 2.1 and put it in the same folder in v. 2.2. And now you are ready to put the PhoneNumberTemplates.plist with the fix in the same folder. Restart and LISTO!
    You have an iPhone 2.2 with the CallerID solution!

Default AppSupport for 2.1 as mentioned above
    can someone share the AppSupport for 2.1 as mentioned above...

Can someone PLEASE share with us the AppSupport file????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm wating to test very well the fix, but I'm gettin troubles. With a missed call the iPhone go to Safe Mode. Sory, this fix is not the appropriate. Keep Searching!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    why use the Appsupport binary of the older firmware. That is a dirty quick fix and I do not want to use that. Does anyone know what files the new firmware uses to identify a call. The old files are useless. It would be better to modify the new files.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@ astylianou
    you need to read before!. The method of AppSupport 2.1 is a quick solution and it's not working! Don't use that! I dont care if you dont want to use that, DONT USE THAT or your iphone gone to Safe Mode.