Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: !!!! Iphone acting weird !!!!

Default !!!! Iphone acting weird !!!!
    hi
    ok so this is what happened.i ordered one of those iphone invisible shield thing,so i was trying to put that on.It had said to soke the shield in water with soap and then put it on iphone.I did that with a couple of goes.
    So here is the thing.I turned on the iphone after all that.On the top there was a little dark area.i figured small mount of water might have gone in and it will dry out.and it DID.
    Problem was after that.the "do you want to turn off" screen keeps coming up by it self after a min.Then after some while it kept turning my iphone off.I turn off the phone and put in a cloth,thinking it just needs to be more dry.Now it seems ok.BUT in some places it does things by it self.LIKE when im messaging,it keeps changing from number to letter automatically!!.There is couple of auto stuff happening in some of the programs too,
    anyways hopefully someone can help me here.\/

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Try a restore.

How bad did you soak the shield? It shouldnt be nearly wet enough to damage the phone when you put it on.

i just dipped the shield in it,well im going for 2.2 now,lets see how it goes ,thanks for the reply