Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
11-20-2008, 10:19 PM #1Iphone 3g won't and can't turn on. HELP!
Ok, so my my best friend game me his iphone 3g for free because the screen was cracked and it didn't turn on. So I tough it would an easy fix and a free iphone.He did not jailbreak it. But, so far I have had no luck even getting it to turn on. Here are the options I have tried.
( These are all after a 1 hour or more charge)
1. Hold down power and home button for 10 sec, then only home for 10= nothing
2. Hold down power and home button for 10 sec, then only power for 10 sec= nothing
3. Just holding down power and home button, hoping for something= nothing
4. connecting into computer, holding power and home for 10 sec, then home for 10 sec=nothing
5. connecting into computer, holding both home and power button and hoping, maybe more than 20 sec= nothing
I have probably tried more than listed, but there is a good chance I have tried everything, and is permanently broken.
If you guys have any ideas, that would be FANTASTIC! thanks.
11-20-2008, 10:32 PM #2
Shine a bright light down into the headphone jack....there is a white circle on the bottom....if it has any color to it at all, then the phone has water damage and is prolly toast.
If not, its really hard to tell without seeing and possibly disassembling the phone....could be that the power button is also broke from the fall, could be that the SCREEN is totally toast and the phone is actually coming on and you dont know it.....
Could be a few things.
I'll give yea $50 for it
11-20-2008, 10:38 PM #3
Cpjr!!!!!! you always get the broken iphones. I WANT ONE!!!!!! cmon dude. you have like what 7 or so?The beatings will continue until morale improves.
11-20-2008, 10:43 PM #4
Naw, I sold 3 this week
Ok, and bought 2 more.....2g 8gigger w/ a bad digitizer
and an 8gb 3G for $200 with some issues im hoping to work out.
11-22-2008, 12:40 PM #5
I would like to mention:
1. no water damage
2. If it were on, wouldn't I hear something, like while trying to raise the volume?
3. My certain charger has a LED that turns green if it is not connected, and red if it is connecting to something that is charging. It turns red and charges.
4. My computer does not see it.
Are there any more "restore" options without using a computer?
If not I'll, go an Apple store.
11-22-2008, 12:46 PM #6
If it was dropped bro....there are alot of things that could have been damaged.....the 3g is a pansy when it comes to getting dropped.
Without it being in front of me.....I really cant pin point a problem.
But if you wanna try...you could try placing the phone into DFU mode and restoring......but I think its gonna be a hardware issue.
And good luck at the Apple store....cause when they see the cracked screen, the warranty's void.
11-22-2008, 03:47 PM #7
thats when you hold power and home for 10 sec, then after, home for 10 sec?
11-22-2008, 03:55 PM #8
PM One1 he does repairs. Not for free, but he'll figure out whats wrong and repair it without problems. So its worth whatever he chargers. imo
The Following User Says Thank You to Carrbone For This Useful Post: