+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restoring a Jailbroken iPhone made Painless (relatively)

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by klouud The best way to do all this is with Chronus - I've had your problem before. You need to change the permissions on your contacts folder
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    The best way to do all this is with Chronus - I've had your problem before. You need to change the permissions on your contacts folder and all files within.

Chronus does not cause this problem - so next time... use chronus.
    ok. I will remember that. So how do I fix this? How do you change permissions?

Thanks

MArk

Thanks

You don't need to fool with SSHing your contacts at all. As long as you sync with iTunes it will sync your contacts with Outlook or Windows Contacts automatically. Assuming you're on a PC of course.

The easiest way to change your permissions is with iFile. I don't remember the exact way but I'm sure someone else here could elaborate. I know it's only a few button presses and you're done as opposed to fooling around with a command prompt and other unnessecary BS.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Sorry any one why is my phone
    Keep zooming big ???

I find it thanks every body !!
    Last edited by nnh1972; 12-27-2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

HELP PLEASE!!!!! trying to restore a jailbroken iphone 3g with 4.2.1 and all i get is an error 1015

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great Guide but I'm having a problem with my pictures. I previously have an iPhone 4 on 4.0.1 and got a new iPhone 4 on 4.2.1 from apple. Now on my previous phone I had backed up using appbackup and chronus. I did all the SSHing as stated in the guide. I set the new phone as "new" in iTunes and SSHed everything back into the phone and the JB went great. When it came time to look at my pictures in my cameraroll they weren't there and chronus and appbackup aren't bringing them back. I'm really at a loss here.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

could I confirm with you..

does a full factory reset delete all folders off your phone??

I mean the ones left behind by cydia apps and any modifications you have made to your phone..

like changing system icons via

/system/library/coreservices/springboard.app

not just any changes with winterboard

does it actuall get rid of everything??

cheers

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

^^^

I assume you're speaking of a "restore to factory" in iTunes, which in that case, I believe yes it would delete all of those folders. It would make it like a brand new iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Been havng troubl restoring my 3GS with 4.1 using itunes.

Used tiny umbrella, but keep having error 1604.

What other ways can I restore to factory?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Need help on Reset jailbroken iPhone
    I tried to reset to factory settings of my iphone using the iphonehome>setting>general>reset..without connecting the iphone to the itunes.Process took very long and now iPhone is in freezing mode.I tried to restore using the above method but it shows the error “iphone iphone could not be restored unknown error occurred (2003)”.
    Can anyone help please..Thanks in advance..

Thanks

This is very nice information. Many of users aware from this knowledge. And also this is a solution who can’t understand that how to use iphone. Jail breaking, is the process of removing the limitations imposed by Apple on devices running the iOS operating system through use of custom kernels.
    Last edited by JimBrown; 08-21-2011 at 11:50 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Confirmation needed.
    I have an I phone 4, I purchased it a year ago at future shop and bell is the service provider it came with 4.2.1 installed on it.
    A few days later a friend offered to jailbreak it for me as he had did his already with green poison untethered.
    So it has be awesome no problems at all this past year, this friend is no longer around and me being unsure how to do this never bothered with any of the i-tunes updates.
    I have yet to do any back-ups, I have not felt it necessary as i have not bought any apps through either Cydia or i-tunes.
    I do have a hand full of the free ones but never really played with the themes or tweaks.
    However i do wish to save my contacts etc, as i do not want to have to put them all back in again.
    I wish to update to 5.0.1 then re-jailbreak using redsnow. Im so glad i found this site its very informative, actually wish i had of found it a long time ago. I,m hoping to invest more time playing with this phone it appears there is just so much you can do with it in regards to tweaking it there are a few in cydia I wish purchase asap such as big u movies and gravity board very impressive.
    So my question is do i need to down load app backup and chronus and pkgbackup now before i do anything else i would not want to lose my shsh blobs that are listed at the top of cydia and my contacts as for most every thing else i don't mind starting over.
    if its recommended i will do itunes back up and down load one of or all of these now and back up too

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Bump

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Sync your iphone contact with iTunes onto one of the four categories. The options are under info of iTunes. shsh blobs will not be erase if you do a restore.
    You can also drag out your photos folders onto computers once you plug it in. You should see an apple iphone drive and those are movies and photos .
    Once you have sync with iTunes , then you can restore to latest and jailbreak again. Setup as new iphone will also allow you to restore back contacts but not SMS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm sick and tired of my jailbroken iPhone 5 crashing on a daily basis so I'm about to restore it. But before I do I was wondering if there were any way to restore it to 6.1 and not 6.1.2?

I've read several posts about bad battery life, stuttering in the animations etc. on 6.1.2 so I'd like to keep my device on 6.1.

And before you tell me that the crashes are caused by having many tweaks I only use Auxo, Zephyr and NCSettings.

Appreciate the help guys!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Thanks for the information but ive got a few questions of my own
    I will definitely try this but wont this result in a lot of problems? and also will doing this wrong will make my smartphone malfunction and if so just in case can i revert all the changes that i have made to fix the phone any info will definitely help thank you!

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456