Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pictures not storing, white box outline.

Default Pictures not storing, white box outline.
    I had an issue where my camera was not storing pictures and would instead show a whitebox in the album roll where the picture should be. After some searching (and surprisingly not finding any solutions on MMI about it) I found a thread on apple.com with numerous of suggestions. Only one worked for me and seems to be a permanent solution. The other solutions mentioned do not seem to be a guarantee, nor permanent. The issue seems to be happening on non-modified phones and apple stores are even replacing phones over it!

All you have to do is set the permission to 777 on the folders;
    /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE
    and
    /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM

[Credit goes to whoever posted it on the apple website. URL: http://discussions.apple.com/thread....3455&tstart=0]

Just thought I would post this and hopefully help some people out. Oh and I posted it in this section because it only happened to me after the whole "Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading" experience but, if it needs to be moved that understandable.
    Last edited by yakface; 02-29-2008 at 09:42 PM.

THANK U!!!!!!

It DOES work.

This is great.

Could you tell me how to set permissions to 777 as suggested please thank-you in advance

Thanks

with WinSCP (windows), right click on a file (or folder in this case), click properties, then down the bottom of the window there will be Octal: ####

Just put in the permissions (777) into that box, and click okay!

thats all there is to it

i diid that and the pics come out in a black box 4 some reason