Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone For Christmas

Default iPhone For Christmas
    hopefully im getting the iphone for christmas. Anything I should know about it?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

There is a lot you should know. You have a little over a month before X-Mas now to read all the threads here to understand what you can and cannot do, and whats available to you.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Also make sure you look at plans and prices. I know people who have gotten them as a gift and unable to afford the plans with the standard minute + data and also text messaging costs.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Some things Ihave learned since owning the iphone.
    I revert back to my verizon voyager for messaging. I usually have 200+ texts a month, some jsut text some with pix and others with video. Anything more than text the iphone is not the ideal phone.
    The camera and its interface is adequate but in this front the voyager again is the forerunner.
    internet. Verizon voyager is almost as bad as my razor was, almost. this is where the iphone shines.
    Verizon has navigator, turn by turn gps. Iphone well not yet?

My recommendation or the next month is to carefully evalute your needs for your next phone, compare signal strengths in the places you are most frequently, and stop in to the stores and ask them about the different phones. Sure there may be some bias but that is one of the best ways to get what the best features of their phones are.

Verizon storm
    T mobile G1
    Iphone