Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Streaming .m3u on 3G?

Default Streaming .m3u on 3G?
    Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone who has any of the free or paid streaming radio apps around know if any will stream m3u files from the internet whilst not connected to wifi?

I heard that Tuner will but not in windows media format. What I am trying to stream is this:

Listen online radio BBC 6 Music (UK, London)

on that page it is embedded in WMP so I assume that means that it is in WMP format??

Is anyone able to try this stream using the app they have and let me know if it plays ok on 3g? I'd be VERY greatful!!

Thanks in advance

I've been using WunderRadio to stream and it does stream the other BBC feeds so hould stream this.

However, be aware that the servers it uses are outside of the UK so it will not stream any broadcasting rights restricted feeds - it just gives you the BBC message about it.

The best solution I've found for listening to broadcasting rights restricted feeds (like the BBC) is to use ooTunes, which will stream them from your PC to your iPhone.

Unless the server your app is attmpting to stream the feed from is in the UK then you won't get any music feeds from the Beeb!

hi Rip, thanks. Does ooTunes mean you need your pc on to stream it? Is there any chance you could give wunderRadio a go using that stream above? Also do you get radio 1 ok then?

Yes, your pc needs to be on to stream ( or use WOL for when you need it which is what I do).

I'll give R1 and 6 a go over 3G at the airport tomorrow.

At the airport now. 6 Music is streaming fine. Radio 1 continually says loading.
    Last edited by Rip; 11-18-2008 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

thanks so much. That's great. So wunder radio streams that 6 music media player link fine on 3g? If so I'll get it!

From Newcastle Airport it does!

Rip, thanks so much for helping me out. I purchased the app and its great. I got radio 1 working from time to time too. Its quite tempramental, doesnt always connect and doesnt resume when you get a call but other than that I love it!