+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: visual voicemail not working...

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i'm on ATT, but have a jailbroken/unlocked 1st gen iphone. i've had a half dozen of them and visual voicemail always works. i've searched and the posts i've found say
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default visual voicemail not working...
    i'm on ATT, but have a jailbroken/unlocked 1st gen iphone. i've had a half dozen of them and visual voicemail always works.
    i've searched and the posts i've found say to leave yourself a message then wait for the password prompt to come up.
    when i press the voicemail button, it goes to visual voicemail screen but it's empty. however there's an '8' icon for number of messages in the lower right corner. password prompt never pops up. phone doesn't automatically dial old school voicemail. i have to manually press and call '1' in order to access my voicemail. the only option i have is to record/listen to my greeting, however whenever i press 'play' it never plays my message nor does it actually let me record a new one.

what's the fix?
    thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If you're a valid AT&T customer then call a local store or customer care. Maybe they need to reset something in the system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]