Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My iPhone won't do anything

Question My iPhone won't do anything
    I have a 1st gen iPhone that I brought in Hong Kong in May and a friend has put 2.0 on it.
    A few weeks ago my phone stopped connecting to my laptop, so it couldn't charge that way, and it also stopped charging when I plugged it into the wall charger.
    After a few days it got better and was charging, but only when connected to my laptop.
    Yesterday it got really hot, when it wasn't doing anything, and then just started restarting over and over again.
    This is what it does: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNJPIiCiGzE]YouTube - Broken iPhone[/ame]

It doesn't connect to itunes anymore either..

I was wondering if anyone knew why it was doing that/how it can be fixed, or if there is some way to restore the phone to its factory settings so I can take it in the the apple store in Sydney to be fixed, since I have read that what I've done voids the warranty..

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by ZoeClaire; 11-16-2008 at 04:04 AM.

Same thing happened to me iphone is not being charged even after connecting to the computer. It is completely dead now.

Sounds like its a hardware fault and not a software, so restoring would not help. The only way I can think of is to take it to apple to see what they think

Would apple even do anything since I've voided the warranty?