Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 16Gb 3G iPhone Announced on Setp 25th?.....

Default 16Gb 3G iPhone Announced on Setp 25th?.....
    Im not too pissed about the price drop as much as hearing that the next iPhone will not only have 3G but also the 16 GB as the iPod Touch has.......

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...we-might-know/

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

what's 3G ^^; ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomer View Post
    what's 3G ^^; ?
    High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA, also known as High-Speed Downlink Protocol Access) is a 3G (third generation) mobile telephony communications protocol in the High-Speed Packet Access (HSPA) family, which allows networks based on Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) to have higher data transfer speeds and capacity. Current HSDPA deployments support down-link speeds of 1.8, 3.6, 7.2 and 14.4 Mbit/s, and can provide each customer with 30 gigabytes of data per month.[1] Further speed increases are planned for the near future. The networks are then to be upgraded to Evolved HSPA, which provides speeds of 42 Mbit downlink in its first release.[1]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSDPA

AT+T operates HSDPA (Soon HSUPA which gives same upload as download) in the 850/1900 Mhz bands. The "rest of the world" operates at HSDPA/HSUPA/HSPA at 2100 Mhz. Although the GSM radio may be Quad-Band in the rumored 3g iphone, if the UMTS or HSDPA radio only operates at 2100Mhz...it does us here in the U.S. no good. Of course, if its triband 3g (850/1900/2100) then woohoo!
    Last edited by amnesia; 09-05-2007 at 05:24 PM. Reason: source. and more info

if i get kicked in the balls twice in 1 month from apple i might have a breakdown....
    Hit Thanks!

lol....damn should i wait now?
    i was about to buy an iphone last night...was in checkout on apple online..and internet ****** up...tryed today and kept freezing..then i refresh and price dropped to 399$ i was thinking it was a glitch till it was everywhere that the price drop..but now im reading 3g...is this a rumor or something that is true?
    [CENTER] Honda-Tech FTW

Thanks

uh... O_o... english plz... what does that mean anyways?

so its better than wi fi we can use? and im sure its better than edge.

lots of people including myself would be pissed if this is indeed true. Maybe there will be an upgrade option for us 1st generation ihponers, send it in for a 16gb chip upgrade and 3g, who knows??

the iphone will come to europe in december, not one will purchase it if it lacks 3g. everyone uses it there.
    normal speed back at my place in sweden is around 3-4mb with 3g, compared to my b/g router at around 14mb, which does not do my 100mb fiber any justice. just came back to the us from a trip over there, everyone loves the iphone, but the conversation always comes to 3g, and the assumed lack of it. EDGE is slow, where i am now (honolulu) but i have heard its decent in places like east coast, depends on what you want to do. WIFI is avalible everywehre nowadays.

i was sort of hoping that all iphones has 3g support, and that you just had to enable it.
    Last edited by bonefish; 09-06-2007 at 12:42 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bonefish View Post
    lots of people including myself would be pissed if this is indeed true. Maybe there will be an upgrade option for us 1st generation ihponers, send it in for a 16gb chip upgrade and 3g, who knows??
    LOL no(?) but there will definitely be an option for u to be jealous and buy a new phone

Can you imagine if everyone ran out to buy the $399 iPhone and then Apple released a 3G/16GB one.? They think the "early adopters" are pissed. Wait until then. I dont think it will happen.

I think i`m going to swear off buying Apple products from now on, I will be sticking with Nokia.

If a phone has 3G, will it still work on 2g networks?
    We don't have 3g in my town.

Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    If a phone has 3G, will it still work on 2g networks?
    We don't have 3g in my town.
    Of course, it can switch between EDGE and 3G depending on your location / its availablity, etc.

I'm hoping for a 16gb 3G iPhone on the 25th. I'm thinking the 16gb iPhone is pretty much promised, but 3g.. i dunno. Either way I'm going to buy the 16gb iPhone, 3g or not. I can't wait much longer.
    Last edited by RL600; 09-09-2007 at 09:38 AM. Reason: im retarded

I'm definitely willing to bet that a 16 gb iPhone is coming. Makes perfect sense, drop price on the 8GB leaving room for a 16 gb. And apple is not known for only having one version of a product out at a time. As for 3g.... it would be nice but.... I wouldn't buy one, the battery already sucks on the iPhone adding WCDMA would kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    I'm definitely willing to bet that a 16 gb iPhone is coming. Makes perfect sense, drop price on the 8GB leaving room for a 16 gb. And apple is not known for only having one version of a product out at a time. As for 3g.... it would be nice but.... I wouldn't buy one, the battery already sucks on the iPhone adding WCDMA would kill it.
    This is true. I've turned the 3G OFF on my BlackJack due to that reason (That and the web browsing SUCKS on it so i turned off all data). I'm waiting on the 16gb iPhone to come out and ill snatch that up, lack of 3g isn't a deal breaker for me even though i live in a 3g area. The good thing about the 3g though is that you can turn it on and off whenever you want to save battery and such. We'll see. I'd like it, but I doubt i'll be see it on my phone-to-be by the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Insane06sti View Post
    I think i`m going to swear off buying Apple products from now on, I will be sticking with Nokia.
    I didnt know Nokia made laptops or desktops or monitors or iPods etc...