+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Transfer photos from PC to iPhone's Camera Roll??

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Is there anyway to Transfer my photos from Pc to the Camera Roll of my iPhone 3g. Well i used SSH to transfer the photos to DCIM/100Apple but the photos
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default How to Transfer photos from PC to iPhone's Camera Roll??
    Is there anyway to Transfer my photos from Pc to the Camera Roll of my iPhone 3g. Well i used SSH to transfer the photos to DCIM/100Apple but the photos are not shown in the iPhone . Is it that i have to change the name of the photos according to the sequence of the photos??

Anybody please help??

Thanks

why not just use iTunes ? U don't need to ssh, just plug in iPhone and go to the photos tab and add the folder you want

Thanx button in advance

Thanks

that way i can only add pictures to my photos library not the Camera Roll, please read the question carefully

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

silly

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (01-15-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The reason u cant put photos on to your camera roll through itunes is because the camera roll folder is only meant for picture taken with the camera. Although u can ssh the pictures into the "private/var/mobile/media/DCIM/100apple" folder but it needs to be named correctly such as "IMG_0001.JPG" but u will not have a thumbnail in the camera folder unless u also put in the right sized "THM" file.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evilP View Post
    The reason u cant put photos on to your camera roll through itunes is because the camera roll folder is only meant for picture taken with the camera. Although u can ssh the pictures into the "private/var/mobile/media/DCIM/100apple" folder but it needs to be named correctly such as "IMG_0001.JPG" but u will not have a thumbnail in the camera folder unless u also put in the right sized "THM" file.
    Ya rightly said, read this somewhere else as well and i think for thumbnails, the size has to be 75x75

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if your pc is windows, you can easily add image into your camara roll using "uTunePhoto".

9. The Following User Says Thank You to se13311 For This Useful Post:

MyDreamlessBJD (04-24-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok this is tedious, however this a way I got photos not taken with iPhone into "roll" I sent photos to my email either by pc Or texted them as mms I then used the mail tab at bottom went into email and looked at photos touched ea ch 1 and option came up to save vou lah they are now in my roll hope this helps

Thanks

How can I ssh a video into my camera roll for uploading purposes?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I was messing with this today on jailbroken iPod Touch 3G IOS 4.1. I downloaded a lot of wallpapers from zedge and they were never synched with my computer. All of the photos show up as "Saved Photos" in the Photo Album but they are stored in /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE (which is a folder for photos taken by a digital camera). When I plug in the iPod it comes up as a camera and I can see the pictures in the DCIM folder.

Bosspaper uses this folder for it's wallpaper images so I decided to ssh new pictures there. It worked fine but I can't see the new pictures in the Photo Album. The solution was to fix the "Camera Roll" by going into /private/var/mobile/Media/PhotoData and deleting:

com.apple.photos.caches_metadata.plist
    Photos.sqlite
    PhotosAux.sqlite

The next time I opened the Photo Album it said it was rebuilding the photo library and when it was done all of my photos showed up.

The fix was confusing to me because I have an iPod Touch 3G which doesn't have a camera. I never understood why the iPod showed up as a digital camera on the computer and therefore never considered fixing the "Camera Roll".

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to noabody For This Useful Post:

ck41 (01-11-2012), DoWoRkSoN (03-09-2011), jabronie (06-18-2011), Rescuer (11-27-2010), TangoDown (11-27-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Thanks ... (but rememebr to kill/re-launch Photos)
    I used iFile to rename the files in /private/var/mobile/Media/PhotoData
    com.apple.photos.caches_metadata.plist_OLD
    Photos.sqlite_OLD
    PhotosAux.sqlite_OLD
    Then started "Photos" ... nothing ... forced "Photos" to quit (double-press Home, kill running tasks)., relaunched "Photes" it then rebilt the database and all worked perfectly.

Thank you.
    Last edited by iSukkCoxx; 10-23-2010 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Make clearer the rename - appending "_OLD"

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iSukkCoxx For This Useful Post:

DoWoRkSoN (03-09-2011), smallcat2011 (01-07-2013), Suevans (11-02-2010), TangoDown (11-27-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Old thread I know but thanks loads for the solution guys. Really helped me out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default used drop box
    I loaded drop box on the ubuntu 10.10 box and on the iphone and copy and pasted from f-spot into the dropbox folder, on the iphone JB 4.01 i went into dropbox and saved the photo hope this is helpful

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
    How can I ssh a video into my camera roll for uploading purposes?
    To load videos into camera roll for uploading purposes, you need to install a 3rd party app, any download app in my case i'm using DOWNLOAD PRO.
    1st you can use DOWNLOAD PRO to download any video from any website, then you go to files, locate the video you just download, touch it and you have a list of options, 1 of them is SAVE TO PHOTO ALBUM.
    2nd you can connect your phone to your computer, open iTune, clic on your phone, clic the applications tab, roll down down down to see the sharing app, locate DOWNLOAD PRO in the list and select it, a window panel on the right side will display all files present in the DOWNLOAD PRO, you cab choose to add new files, add the videos you want by drag and drop or by clicking the ADD FILE button. File transfering finish, open DOWNLOAD PRO in your phone, go to files, locate your video, touch it and in the options list select SAVE TO PHOTO ALBUM. Note that many download app can do this, but not all videos can be save to camera roll because of 2
    Criterias, file format and file size.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ***BUMP***
    lol i dont know if this a bump but i have to say thank you to all for helping me. You see, i got that dreadful message "saving video" for 15 mins and i closed the camera app, then opened it again to find what... no photos (this is the second time this has happened to me).

Then i removed the pictures from the DCIM folder and could not put them back because the phone would not recognize them.

And i still don't know why apple uses databases to store music+pics+videos unlike the PSP and most Androdns that just let u put things in folders and take them out to update files

PS: i could not add back the videos using your method because they keep crashing the iPhone! might be a jailbreak problem with limera1n or something i installed from cydia or the app store, but i doubt it!

Thanks

Photo Transfer App will do this and it is in the AppStore. You can transfer pictures and videos over WiFi from your PC to your camera roll using the web browser on your PC. And of course, you can transfer pictures and videos from your iPhone camera roll or your photo albums to your PC.
    Last edited by reddawg; 03-05-2011 at 01:34 AM.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noabody View Post
    Bosspaper uses this folder for it's wallpaper images so I decided to ssh new pictures there. It worked fine but I can't see the new pictures in the Photo Album. The solution was to fix the "Camera Roll" by going into /private/var/mobile/Media/PhotoData and deleting:

Photos.sqlite
    PhotosAux.sqlite

The next time I opened the Photo Album it said it was rebuilding the photo library and when it was done all of my photos showed up.

Dude, thank you so much for figuring this out. The problem with putting pictures back into the camera roll any other way is that iPhone will make a completely new file so your original pictures will lose data like when and where the picture was taken. This was killing me for hours until I came across your post. Thanks again.

Thanks
    I was messing with this today on jailbroken iPod Touch 3G IOS 4.1. I downloaded a lot of wallpapers from zedge and they were never synched with my computer. All of the photos show up as "Saved Photos" in the Photo Album but they are stored in /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE (which is a folder for photos taken by a digital camera). When I plug in the iPod it comes up as a camera and I can see the pictures in the DCIM folder.

Photos.sqlite
    PhotosAux.sqlite

The fix was confusing to me because I have an iPod Touch 3G which doesn't have a camera. I never understood why the iPod showed up as a digital camera on the computer and therefore never considered fixing the "Camera Roll".

This worked and thank you much. I've been trying to figure this out forever

Thanks

AWESOME, thanks for the info- Very Helpful

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Photos.sqlite
    PhotosAux.sqlite

Thanks for this! A big step in trying to get my Camera Roll the way it was/supposed to be. I am hoping someone can help me further though. I am working with an iPod Touch 4g, 5.0.1, jailbroken. After my jailbreak, I did not restore from a back up and lost my pics (purposely, the file names continued from when I first got my iPod and synced it from the back up of my iPhone, so the sequence started at like IMG_0330.JPG) Since the jailbreak I had been looking for a way to copy those pictures, now renamed to IMG_0002.JPG etc..., onto my iPod's Camera Roll and continue on my merry way. So the fix from noabody works like a charm. However, the order of the pics when they appear on the Camera Roll is not following proper order. I used Bulk Rename Utility to change the old files names to the new ones (IMG_0330 --> IMG_0002). I had one picture saved to my Camera Roll, hence starting at 0002. So I only copied a few pictures to make sure it worked properly. I copied IMG_0002 to IMG_0009 to /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE, then went to the PhotoData folder and deleted these files (I'm assuming the files aren't exactly the same cause of the difference between the generations of our iPods):
    Photos.sqlite
    Photos.sqlite.aside
    Photos.sqlite-shm
    Photos.sqlite-wal

after the first time I did this these files started showing up too and each time I tried to rebuild the Camera Roll, I deleted them with the 4 above:
    changes
    changes-wal

I also found DCIM_APPLE.plist in private/var/mobile/Media/PhotoData/MISC and deleted it but put it back after it didn't solve my problem.

So after I copied the photo files and deleted the similar files from the above post, I forced closed Photos and opened it up, happy to see that pictures were all there! Except for some reason the order didn't make any sense. The order as it showed in the Camera Roll was: IMG_0004, 7, 6, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 9. I did some researching and tried a few things before I came and wrote this novel. All of the "date modified" fields are in proper order along with the file names. I read somewhere that if the date properties are the same then it will sort in order of file name. So I used the Bulk Rename Utility to change the date properties of all the files and the order still did not change. I also used both iExplorer and iFunbox to access my iPod and both gave me the same results. So long story short, I'm stuck and that's what I've tried so far. Anybody have any other ideas??
    Last edited by ck41; 01-11-2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: grammar