+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Transfer photos from PC to iPhone's Camera Roll??

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Doing this on a non-jailbroken device was extremely annoying and difficult, but can be done. I'll be glad to elaborate if anyone needs help. Apple butchered photos so badly. I
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Doing this on a non-jailbroken device was extremely annoying and difficult, but can be done. I'll be glad to elaborate if anyone needs help.

Apple butchered photos so badly. I don't want an album to contain copies of photos, I want to be able to delete the original after putting it in an album. And who's dumb idea was it to not allow you to delete photos transferred from iTunes right on your iDevice?!?!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, if you are not jailbroken, then DC Copy in the App store will copy photos to the camera roll. If you are jailbroken, then Pwntunes allows copy/paste straight into the camera roll.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I used a much simpler method (less files to rename/delete), based on the methods described here, using my iPhone 4 loaded with iOS 6.0GM untethered jailbreak. The result is that all my photos and videos are back in the Camera Roll and they are displaying in the correct order. This worked for me but I can't gaurantee that your experience will be the same... proceed at your own risk:

1) SSH into the device
    2) Copy photos and videos into /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE
    3) Go to /private/var/mobile/Media/PhotoData
    4) Rename Photos.sqlite to Photos.sqlite_OLD
    5) Close the Photo/Camera/Video apps and do a hard reset (Hold power button and home button until the device turns off). If you try to access the Photo/Camera/Video apps before a hard reset then the apps will crash.
    6) The reset takes much longer than usual so be patient. I'm guessing that it is rebuilding the database in the background.

The thumbnail in the bottom left corner of the camera app wasn't displaying correctly. To fix this, I took a random photo then deleted it.

I had an mp4 video downloaded from WhatsApp. I added this to the 100APPLE folder as well and it was also loaded into the Camera Roll after following the above procedure.
    Last edited by juice777; 07-16-2013 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Forgot to say that, at step 5, I closed the camera/video/photo apps

Thanks

I used the ios manage tool before and it work perfect, I think you can have a try, it is easy to operate and not just transfer photos, you can manage music, video and more as well, you can follow the guild:
    hope it helpful for you!

Thanks

To transfer your photos from your computer to your iPhone 4, connect your device to your computer and open up iTunes where you will see a Photos tab for the iPhone. Under the photos tab, select to sync your photos to iPhone and choose which folders you want to sync. You can also send them via Bluetooth or email.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnccio View Post
    To transfer your photos from your computer to your iPhone 4, connect your device to your computer and open up iTunes where you will see a Photos tab for the iPhone. Under the photos tab, select to sync your photos to iPhone and choose which folders you want to sync. You can also send them via Bluetooth or email.
    Think the point is theyre wanted in the camera roll as opposed to an album

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Use PHOTOSYNC. Problem solved. It just works.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Rollit photo transfer app
    You can use Rollit photo transfer app its a great app for transferring photos and videos to CAMERA ROLL via usb cable
    https://itunes.apple.com/EN/app/id74...&affId=1736887

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raziiq View Post
    Is there anyway to Transfer my photos from Pc to the Camera Roll of my iPhone 3g. Well i used SSH to transfer the photos to DCIM/100Apple but the photos are not shown in the iPhone . Is it that i have to change the name of the photos according to the sequence of the photos??

Anybody please help??
    You can use Rollit photo transfer app to put your photos and videos back to camera roll using usb cable .. its avalilable at the app store
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/roll...741790426?mt=8

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123